E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2000 328CI with 108K on it. The car was running fin before i went on vacation. I was on vacation for 2 week and the car was parked (never started). When I got back home after my 2 weeks vacation and started the car, I noticed that the Transmission Light Indicator came on. Have not been driving the car. Any ideas what happened? The CEL is on and I'm getting a P0101 (MAF Sensor) vault code.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
handle the maff then handle the tranny. is the tranny slipping? wait tell it starts to slip out of gears then change the oil and filter and see if that helps. if it dosent then your on your way out to buy a new tranny

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
OP, wait. Do not change anything.
Scan the car with a code reader. Note the codes.

Charge your battery to full and reset(disconnect the battery for around 20 minutes). Check and see if the transmission light is there after charging the battery.
Our cars tend to do notorious things when the battery is low. And our cars don't like to be sit down, the battery does drain little by little.

Clean your MAF with CRC MAF cleaner and see if the code returns.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP, wait. Do not change anything.
Scan the car with a code reader. Note the codes.

Charge your battery to full and reset(disconnect the battery for around 20 minutes). Check and see if the transmission light is there after charging the battery.
Our cars tend to do notorious things when the battery is low. And our cars don't like to be sit down, the battery does drain little by little.

Clean your MAF with CRC MAF cleaner and see if the code returns.
Thank You. I will charge the battery at Autozone when picking up the MAF cleaner.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charged the battery, and tried leaning the MAF sensor. Connected everything, asnd the lights are still on. When i clear the CEL for the MAF code, the transmision light clears also. However, when i start the car and have it running, the transmission light comes back on. So what i did, was while the car was running, i plugged the reader in and check to see it there were are codes. The reader came back with the MAF sensor code. With the car running, i cleared the code and the transmission light went away also. I will work on cleaning the mas sensor more tomorrow, if not, i will replace the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.