BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash is showing the transmission warning light and the DSC light and its in limp mode. Car shifts rough but still drives. Any ideas ? Throwing codes

p1152
P1156
P1138
P1135
P0600

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the fourth fuse is blown. I don’t know if that has any relevance to this situation

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did you replace the blown fuse? That seems like an obvious starting point. If it blows again, you have a short circuit in the wiring or components powered by that fuse.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Related. That fuse is for the EGS, among others. You have a shorted oxygen sensor that’s causing it to blow, which is on that same circuit.
I got new upstream oxygen sensors, and I’ll replace the blown fuse first thing in the morning. I’ve been looking to see what that fuse was linked to. Good thing you came along and told me. lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Related. That fuse is for the EGS, among others. You have a shorted oxygen sensor that’s causing it to blow, which is on that same circuit.
I also have a valve cover leak. Do you think that possibly the hot oil dripped onto the o2 sensors and shorted them ??

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,100 Posts
I also have a valve cover leak. Do you think that possibly the hot oil dripped onto the o2 sensors and shorted them ??
In some cases, the wire routing of the wires are disturbed by previous repairs and melts or chaffes where it rounds behind the engine, so check that.

On replacing sensors, if you have spare fuses I like to test and find out which one of the sensors failed by disconnecting them one by one until the fuse no longer burned out on position 2. No need to start the engine. In fact I would have done this first, in case the problem was the post cat O2s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In some cases, the wire routing of the wires are disturbed by previous repairs and melts or chaffes where it rounds behind the engine, so check that.

On replacing sensors, if you have spare fuses I like to test and find out which one of the sensors failed by disconnecting them one by one until the fuse no longer burned out on position 2. No need to start the engine. In fact I would have done this first, in case the problem was the post cat O2s.
Well I replaced the blown fuse and now the car won’t start 😐 it cranks but doesn’t start

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

and there’s an odd ticking / noise coming from the fuse carrier now

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,100 Posts
Any chance this car was started, moved a couple feet and immediately shut off?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any chance this car was started, moved a couple feet and immediately shut off?
No it just wouldn’t start. It would start cranking but it wouldn’t actually start. Before I replaced the fuse it started right up no problem

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,100 Posts
No it just wouldn’t start. It would start cranking but it wouldn’t actually start. Before I replaced the fuse it started right up no problem
Let me ask a different way. Did you ever start this car for a few seconds then turned it off immediately? Because it sounds like washed down cylinders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me ask a different way. Did you ever start this car for a few seconds then turned it off immediately? Because it sounds like washed down cylinders.
No this is the first time it hasn’t started on me

1 - 20 of 39 Posts