BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My car is starting piss me off! I had a problem awhile back getting it into gear and getting it out of gear so I had the dealership fix the problem of getting it into gear, it was the release bearing. I thought the problem of getting it out of gear would be fixed as well when the release bearing was changed. So now whenever it is in 2nd or 3rd gear I have had numerous occasions where it is difficult to get it out of gear. Has anyone ever had this problem. Is it possible that the guys at the dealership missed something or could it be my Big Boy Clutch stop not allowing me to depress the clutch down all the way? :dunno: :mad: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
als00328ci said:
could it be my Big Boy Clutch stop not allowing me to depress the clutch down all the way? :dunno: :mad: :dunno:
You could try lowering the stop to see if it helps and eliminate this possibility.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
i forgot who but someone had the same problem.... al, take the big boy clutch out for a few days and see if the problem dissapears

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would double clutch

When I fell hesitation when I pull out, I press the clutch down again and try again. I works every time and NO I don't have a clutch stop

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I would double clutch

You know what. That is actually what I do and works too. But that is not quite the fix that I am looking for. I already have the clutch stop as far as it'll go. I guess I could take it out for a while but I've had it in there since the summer. I don't understand why it would start acting up now. Also since Oyster has the same problem as me and he has no clutch stop then it must be something else. I guess I'll have to bring my car back to the dealer again. I swear, I'm starting to think that these guys at the dealer mess things up on my car whenever I bring it in just so I have to come back all of the time. When I bring it back I'll let you know what the problem is Oyster unless you go before me then you could let me know.

oyster said:
When I fell hesitation when I pull out, I press the clutch down again and try again. I works every time and NO I don't have a clutch stop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts