BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've been all over youtube, forums, and threads and there are a lot of people asking how to replace transmission cooler lines on the e46. There has never been, what I would deem, to be a proper response as it relates to the DIY's, I being one of them. So the following post will be a step by step on how I replaced the lines along with a little back ground on why I had to. (if there is an easier way feel free to enlighten me)

FYI this is not an easy job it takes a lot of patience and some particular but fairly in-expensive tools. I also want to point out that there is a difference in the lines between the xi models and other models. Mostly in shape, which is a big deal because the most difficult part of the job is actually routing the line through to the transmission. That being said make sure you don't have an o-ring leaking ATF before beginning the job to save yourself some head-ache. The picture is the stepping off point for this particular job make sure to use www.realoem.com to check for you particular vehicle and part number.

Stay tuned for pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I replaced mine on the rwd version and it wasn't hard at all? It would have been a bit easier if I has actually asked a buddy over to help me?
I've never done this on the awd version but I can only guess that's it's not as easy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts