BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an O4 M 6speed Loaded but no Nav. I have been contemplating at times to swap out for an Imola Red/Black. I currently have a BlueVelvet/Black. I've got 39K miles and the some current Imola Reds have about 10K miles less. What do you guys think? No mods on my car other than some new OEM 19's and Predators. Thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
why bother? just paint it
WRONG ANSWER! :rofl:
Painting is going to destroy resale value and wont cover areas like the door sills, engine bay, etc.

I say trade if you want a new color. There isnt a better car out there for the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
WOW i want your car that colour is SO rare and absolutely GORGEOUS

·
Registered
503 Posts
WRONG ANSWER! :rofl:
Painting is going to destroy resale value and wont cover areas like the door sills, engine bay, etc.

I say trade if you want a new color. There isnt a better car out there for the money in my opinion.
pay for a great paint job a resale wont be a problem. friend of mine repainted a blk 540 to silver including engine bay,door sills etc. and didnt miss a dime after he sold it. sounds like alot a hassle for just a exterior color.....but to each his own:dunno:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If it is cheaper to paint it, and paint it right, then go that route...but odds are its not going to be any cheaper, and since your mods are removable, the exchange will be really easy on you, maybe not so much on teh wallet tho.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A good paint job that will match factory will cost $10K plus. You will have to remove the engine and every piece of the interior.

Repainting a car in a factory color is just irrational.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A good paint job that will match factory will cost $10K plus. You will have to remove the engine and every piece of the interior.

Repainting a car in a factory color is just irrational.
what about just a respray (same color) my front end is covered in rock chips from a previous owner. and is you car mystic blue?

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
pay for a great paint job a resale wont be a problem. friend of mine repainted a blk 540 to silver including engine bay,door sills etc. and didnt miss a dime after he sold it. sounds like alot a hassle for just a exterior color.....but to each his own:dunno:
A good paint job costs $10k. Money you'll NEVER recoup. :read: You're talking about him selling his car for market value. If it was a good idea, it'd be market value PLUS $10k for the paint he bought. Your theory has a very large hole in it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

Different suggestions and opinions, much appreciated. Repainting the car is really out of the question. The amount of work and money is not worth it, trading out for another car color will most likely only loose me a few thousand if that. I just wanted to get an idea of whether you guys like the Bluevelvet or the Imola Red :idea:

The attached pix is from another members car (thanks :) ) Trying to take a pix of the actual color is almost impossible, as it will either come out IB or just blue. :nixweiss:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Different suggestions and opinions, much appreciated. Repainting the car is really out of the question. The amount of work and money is not worth it, trading out for another car color will most likely only loose me a few thousand if that. I just wanted to get an idea of whether you guys like the Bluevelvet or the Imola Red :idea:

The attached pix is from another members car (thanks :) ) Trying to take a pix of the actual color is almost impossible, as it will either come out IB or just blue. :nixweiss:
dude i would take that color over IR anyday. That blue it nice!

·
Registered
423 Posts
what about just a respray (same color) my front end is covered in rock chips from a previous owner. and is you car mystic blue?
If you want to respray the front end you should have them strip the old paint off first. I had my bumper repainted after it was vandalized and thats what they did. You could have the same done to the hood and fenders, but it will be pricey. I'd get a quote from a touch up guy first to see if he could do it for less, a lot of dealers contract with these guys. Im not saying respraying for damage is irrational, but repainting a different factory color when you can just buy a car in that color is. Also, if you have your bumper resprayed you should do what i did and just causally mention to the body shop guy that if he would paint your reflectors as well you would appreciate it. The body shop i went to didn't even charge me for it.

My car is Topaz Blue Metallic. :thumbsup:

why would you get the same car again,, dont you want to try something new.
Not if its not as good

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grrrrr........

You guys suck! :bow: hahaha..jk! Thank you all for the input and suggestions, as always, the forum has been my voice of reasoning when I had doubts of such :wave: Ok, so everyone's input has been very valuable and because I care, I will keep the Bluevelvet until I can rob a bank and get myself and F car :thumbsup: I guess I've been tired of my car due to it being dirty, unwaxed, etc. The weather here in Seattle blows. I wash it today, it rains tomorrow, the next day it's sunny. Unbelievable. I envy all you southern state guys right about now.

I guess my next order of business is to get the Tein Springs/Koni Shocks setup, and maybe even do the RE spacers. Again, thank you for all the support fellas :agree:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts