BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new 1 series is starting to get rediculous. With the twin turbo motor and smaller body, this car chipped and with exhaust could cause a problem to our Ms.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I dunno, its really growing on me. Plus, BMW has that new crazy waranty plan that does everything for free..........even brakes. Here is the link to the new 135 Tii. What do you guys think.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1935

·
Registered
37 Posts
M///

Yeah the 1 series is a nice addition to the BMW family but NO WAY in any shape or form will it even remotely compare to the E46 M3!! Sure if you throw some mods on it it could be faster but thats just with any car. Put the same amount in the M and GOODBYE 1 Seies!! Besides, the M has always been the big brother/sister in the bimmer family (Old and New)!!!!

·
Banned
423 Posts
Like i tell all the other people who post this thread about m3 vs new 135 or 335 or w.e.!

Potential-335,135
Class-M3
Looks-M3
Style-M3
Track- Prolly M3

And finally, the 135 will be available in the next few years if you ever change your mind! You don't want to look back and say that i used to own an e46 m3, now i own this!

The only aspect in which the 335 or the 135 is better than the m3 is prolly only its potential considering that m3's take a decent amount of cash to modify, compared to a tubo car where a downpipe midpipe and exhaust can get you massive power!

·
Registered
261 Posts
dude youre crazy. 1 series may have better acceleration after a few mods, but its in no way up to par with an M3. Plus, its fugly

·
Registered
37 Posts
True

With cheap mods on the 135i, you can make the M3 look like its going in reverse.
With 4k and a civic you can do the same....but in the end its still just the entry level for BMW!! Its like saying you had a 03 BMW X5 but you are trading it in for a 08 Hyundai santa fe becuse its newer and can be faster with mods. Okay.....maybe not that bad, but still you got to remember that the 1 series is a entry level vehicle and the M3 is far beyond that. I personally like the new 1 series but I would NEVER consider tading my M3 in for one!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I heard with the push of a button the 135 will turn into the starship enterprise and then with the flip of a switch it will scratch your balls. This car sure has a lot to live up to.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Some of u need to get a life. The so called "entry level" line is played out. And need I remind you, that as we speak, WE are STILL the the "entry level" of BMW as 3 series owners. What do you think the 5,6,7 series owners think of the 3 series? Remember that before scoffing foolishly at the 1-series.

Back to the topic, the 3-series has changed, and is not the tossable fun machine it used to be. Even the E46 M3, though that's probably the last "raw" M3. Now I'm not saying the 1-series will be as edgy as the E30 M3. But if BMW is true to making this a "grassroots" return to tossable performance, why shouldn't he consider selling the E46 M3? The E30 M3 is still considered the quintessential "M" by many. If the 135 tii follows in it"s footsteps...we've got a treat on our hands!

Now...the only question remains is what engine will fall into the 135tii. :D

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I think it looks sick!! I can see some potential for some things I would change on it, but I see less that needs changing than on a lot of other cars from the factory. I'm not ready to jump on that wagon yet since I'm still enjoying my M, but when I'm ready for something new that will likely be the direction I'll look.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i dunno, i like it but it looks a little too, i dunno... timid? the e90s e92s and the e46 m3 all look very aggressive. i guess if you're as hardcore into eylids as i am you could make it stand out with a little work and maybe play around with a few different body kits. i love the rear of it though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
With 4k and a civic you can do the same....but in the end its still just the entry level for BMW!! Its like saying you had a 03 BMW X5 but you are trading it in for a 08 Hyundai santa fe becuse its newer and can be faster with mods. Okay.....maybe not that bad, but still you got to remember that the 1 series is a entry level vehicle and the M3 is far beyond that. I personally like the new 1 series but I would NEVER consider tading my M3 in for one!!
Yea but how long can that turbo on that civic last?? BMW is BMW

1 - 20 of 37 Posts