BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 2002 bmw 330cic. it only has 16,000 miles on it, and i got it from my uncle as a 15th birthday gift. If i wait 2 more months, i can get my license in november 16. I really wanted a m3, but uncle already had a 330cic so i took that. Dad told me that my dealership , Bmw Austin, says that the 330cic is much better than the m3. So my dad took his advice, and bought it for my uncle. That's how we landed with a 57,000$ 2002 bmw 330cic. I'm sure i can trade it in for a M3.

Today, it was my moms birthday, so we went out to eat. Dad asked if i wanted a different car other than 330cic. But no JAPANESE cars. I said uhh i like the 330cic, thank you tho. He asked if M3 was better. I WAS LIKE HEWL YESS!!! He says, i dont think so, it looks smaller. I'm like it's same, it's probably a little bigger. He was thinking about trading my 330cic for a M3, a used, probably a 2002. What i need help on is:

How can i convince him that M3 is better? OTHER than performance??

I told him, it has same safety as 330cic, probably better. It has better features, and looks nicer, any more advices???

·
Registered
569 Posts
everything is exactly the same as the 330ci, the only difference is what's under the hood, wheels and suspension are different, its the 333hp that is the icing on the cake :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
krs71 said:
everything is exactly the same as the 330ci, the only difference is what's under the hood, wheels and suspension are different, its the 333hp that is the icing on the cake :)
yeah thats true, i really love the m3 for whats under the hood, and the ltitle stuff, like quad mufflers, and the m3 side marks. I really wanna trade it in, my dad even considered it. Dad and mom think the M3 is more of a "CHILDS CAR" like Subaru WRX STI and Evo.. I really wanna convince them, but not sure what to say, i'm NEVER gonna say cause of performance, or they gonna make sure i NEVER get near that thing lol

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
faithmassive said:
tell him that he can drive it once and awhile..

btw, please get manual, it's for your own good.
haha good one, i would love to say that, but unfortunately, he doesn't care LOL. He would not ride what he calls a "childs car" than his own. He has a Jaguar S-Type, and had a 2002 Escalade before that. so WORD

·
Registered
569 Posts
Tell it's wider, bigger, and stronger frame, thus it's sticks the the road better and has plenty of grip with all the safefy features you expect from a BMW....I wish I was in your shoes, selling this idea would be cake walk :)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
to be honest.. have you even mastered the 330 yet? I know it'd be hard but wait a few years before you get an m3.. like for maybe your 18th birthday present.. (not that that is normal to everyone else here.) IF you did get the M, you won't have as much fun as you could if you really knew how to make it perform. There will be 330 drivers who can and eventually will whip you on corners if you can't drive your car, even in an m3.

Here is what your parents will really appreciate.. ask if you can take "car awareness driving lessons" for now instead. Let some instructors teach you the real and best way to drive your car, then you'll be more then ready for your M.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can tell you what not to tell him about: 1) insurance rate, 2) speed, 3) car the m3 competes with, performance wise (vettes, porche, etc.) I already made this mistake with a e36 m3 about six years ago, and that car was much slower. On the bright side the m3 is very safe. I saw a close friend flip his 2002 m3 coupe and walk away with out a scratch. They also have good resale and lots of cool features, SMG, sport mode, 8000 rpm redline.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
krs71 said:
Tell it's wider, bigger, and stronger frame, thus it's sticks the the road better and has plenty of grip with all the safefy features you expect from a BMW....I wish I was in your shoes, selling this idea would be cake walk :)
haha, yeah it probably is. The thing is, i used to LOVE subaru wrx sti's, evo's, and all those fast cars. Dad thinks of me, as if im in love with Pokemon again.

But is it true that it is wider, bigger, stronger frames, and sticks on road better? I hope the BMW Dealership guys dont tell my dad, oh m3 is better cause it's REALLY FAST... :idea:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
faithmassive said:
to be honest.. have you even mastered the 330 yet? I know it'd be hard but wait a few years before you get an m3.. like for maybe your 18th birthday present.. (not that that is normal to everyone else here.) In the end, there will be 330ci drivers who can and will whip you on corners if you can't drive your car.
I know, i've been thinking that way. But look, what if your dad offered to take UR bmw back, and trade it in for a M3.. no matter if ur a bad driver, i think you'd DEFINATELY consider it...

I'm only 15, and dont make fun of me that im young =\ but i really love bmw's, and m3 has been my dream for the past few years.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
xkrnxnamjahx said:
oh m3 is better cause it's REALLY FAST... :idea:
that kind of happened to me when I was convincing my dad to get an M3.. he loves bigger/better things.. considering he goes through 5 cell phones a year. But he ended up getting a 325 convertable. <---this was before I had my car.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
xkrnxnamjahx said:
..and m3 has been my dream for the past few years.

not the evo's or sti's though right :)

in the end.. it's up to you. I thought my dad was going to buy me a car up to 25 grand because he bought my sister one.. I was going to get a mustang gt.. I'm very glad he didn't do that because not only did I get a bmw.. I got to "learn the value of the dollar" by working a lot to pay for my baby :drool:

good luck though

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, my dad said that he'll go and ask people around if it's good or worse than 330cic. .. IM thinking that most people will say that it's FAST .. im really worried now lol

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
xkrnxnamjahx said:
well, i really loved the STI because of the 300 horsepower punch haha :woot:

at the end of the day, you'll find that girls will go for bmw's over sti's :shhh: .. but that's not important either. Not EVERYTHING is about horsepower.. I'm still learning that.

hope everything works out if that means 330cic or m3.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, i can't beleive that someone actaully just said "word" and is complaining about not having a M3 cause he doesn't like $57,000 car that he uncle just gave to him, for a 15th b-day. For my 15th, im pretty sure all i wanted was a pair of nice skis, or something... Sorry but i just think M3 in the hands of a teen is a little too much power, sure people can handle it, but i even have too much fun in my 325xi (super slow). But hell thats my perspective, and im sure ill get flamed but thats the forum :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Driv3r2k said:
Wow, i can't beleive that someone actaully just said "word" and is complaining about not having a M3 cause he doesn't like $57,000 car that he uncle just gave to him, for a 15th b-day. For my 15th, im pretty sure all i wanted was a pair of nice skis, or something... Sorry but i just think M3 in the hands of a teen is a little too much power, sure people can handle it, but i even have too much fun in my 325xi (super slow). But hell thats my perspective, and im sure ill get flamed but thats the forum :)
come on, if u were in my position, IM DAMN SURE u'd take that m3 like a no-brainer... i already have the 330cic, and im FREAKISH happy. Dad offered to trade in for M3.. i'm TRYING not to look forward to it, but come on, i can dream on if everyone say it's better THAN 330cic :lmao:

·
Registered
785 Posts
bluecougar said:
flame suit :eeps:
Serious, wtf?? Not to flame here but I take it that he's never "driven" the 330 yet but wants to trade it in for an M3 already? Appreciate what has been given to you and enjoy it. How would your uncle feel when he finds out his $50K gift to you wasn't good enough and you traded it in for something else? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wrong Way said:
Serious, wtf?? Not to flame here but I take it that he's never "driven" the 330 yet but wants to trade it in for an M3 already? Appreciate what has been given to you and enjoy it. How would your uncle feel when he finds out his $50K gift to you wasn't good enough and you traded it in for something else? :rolleyes:
hey dood... listen, my uncle dont care, he has a ESCALADe now okay.. and he only picked 330cic over M3, cause the dealer say it's better. I've barely driven a 330cic, true that. I have a permit, so i take it around sometimes with parents, never tested out it's true power. PARENTS considered to trade in the 330cic for M3. Now whats your problem?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts