BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am heading home from work tonight. I get in my car, turn on the ignition key and press on the gas. The traction control kicks in! I am a little confused since I wasn't flooring it. :dunno: At first I thought that it was an oil patch in the parking lot. Well, I was wrong. The traction control kept kicking in all the way home. I wasn't even pushing the car. It was especially bad on first and second gear (20-35MPH). Has anyone else experienced this?
After turning the DSC off, the throttle felt funny. Like the car lost 40HP. It was completely bizarre. I am wondering if it is a sensor going bad? Any ideas? :huh:

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
um... u should have just turned it off then. i duno whats wrong wit it tho. it probably got put into safe mode. no engine light?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Next to your gear select indicator in the dash there MAY be a light on that looks like a gear or something. Is that on? One time I had a friends brat ass kid turn my key off at 50 miles an hour.. I immediately put it in N and restarted the car then threw it back in D. From that point on that little light came on and the car drove REALLY strange.. like i had lost gears or HP or something.. I find out that turning the engine off while in motion tripped some tranny warning system that turned the changed the gearing on the car to only use 3rd and 4th gear. All i did to reset it was turn the car off and let it sit for about 5 - 10 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts