E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Get the Curt hitch. Piece of cake. Use Hoppy isolation converter.

I use a light tilting utility trailer that I can center the bike on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Really, I thought the Curt hitch for the e46 involved drilling into the bottom of the trunk. I have an enclosed 5 x 8 trailer that I would love to put my GSXR in and tow to the track. I believe with the Curt hitch the e46 is rated to tow around 2000 lbs. My trailer weighs 700lbs and my bike around 425lbs. With gear and track stuff, canopy, chairs, cooler, gas tank, grill, tools etc. We are talking maybe 1300lbs altogether. Hmmmnnnn

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Yes, it does involve drilling some holes. About 8 holes.

My trailer and bike top out at about 1300lbs. Didnt even know it was behind me all the way to Sturgis, about 1400 miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, it does involve drilling some holes. About 8 holes.

My trailer and bike top out at about 1300lbs. Didnt even know it was behind me all the way to Sturgis, about 1400 miles.
Nice!!! If I put a hitch on the 330i it would be for short trips to the track of less than 200 miles one way. I usually go with my good friend 90% of the time. We use his Chevy pick up and put 2 bikes in the trailer and one in the trailer bed if we have a third guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.