BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These particular straps were made for an e46 to attach around the front and rear bumper shock/support and thread through the existing tow hook hole. However, they should fit with pretty much any BMW platform. These are top notch quality; professionally manufactured with a 6,000 lb break strength rating. If there is significant interest, I can have more batches made (different sizing, hardware, and colors options are available).

I currently have two types (shown in pictures).
1. Straps with no hardware in the five colors shown. These are great for threading through the bumper cover and around the bumper shocks; especially on fairly stock cars.
2. Straps with hardware (red only). These are great if you want to simply bolt the strap on somewhere other than the stock location.

$23 shipped (in US) per pair.

DSC_6095 copy.jpg
DSC_6092 copy.jpg
DSC_6090 copy.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg

Update: I'm out of black, blue, and yellow straps without hardware.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, BMW uses a pretty unique thread on the stock tow hook. The straps with hardware could be made to work with that, but I can't seem find a bolt to fit. The typical application for the straps with hardware is to bolt them on to something solid. This works well for other types of cars, and gives you the flexibility to attach it where you want (with some modification).

The ones without hardware work great for BMWs and don't require any modifications; you just have to pull off the under tray to attach it behind the bumper (on the bumper shock) and thread it out through the opening for the stock tow hook.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts