·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
'04 330Cic | '03 325iT
90 Posts

what's wrong with this? seems like it has been on the lot for 1+ month
It's an M56 engine. That's a deal breaker for a lot of fanatics. Random buyers won't pay $7k, so there it sits in purgatory.

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,055 Posts
It's an M56 engine. That's a deal breaker for a lot of fanatics. Random buyers won't pay $7k, so there it sits in purgatory.
There is some weird stuff going on at the rear also. Random black paint / linex coating? on the hatch below the glass and on the back of both rear fender arches. Probably DIY rust repair gone wrong. There is some other questionable paint work on the front fenders as well. And it has a busted rear wiper.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
753 Posts
There is some weird stuff going on at the rear also. Random black paint / linex coating? on the hatch below the glass and on the back of both rear fender arches. Probably DIY rust repair gone wrong. There is some other questionable paint work on the front fenders as well. And it has a busted rear wiper.
My thoughts too, rusty!

·
Registered
753 Posts
That guy lost the freakin keys when I went to check it out. I had driven 4 hours and rented a trailer. TBH, it looks like a standard neglected wagon with a side of poorly wired sound system causing a parasitic draw. The wide body is also shoddy and the real fenders have rusted a little where it was cut. Dude would take $400 guaranteed. - George would spend more in gas than on the car haha
Well I jinxed myself, went to buy one today and the guy Lost. The. Key. while I was in route, lol. I was committed, seller thought the key might be in the trunk, I wanted to break a window but the seller wasn't about that We ended up prying open the sunroof enough to unbolt the glass. Then he crawled in, but couldn't unlock the doors because the battery was dead. We then kicked out the partition wall where the ski bag would be (sedan) and used the emergency release to open the trunk. Then put a good battery in it, which set off the alarm requiring accessing the siren and unplugged it. Next, we broke the steering lock and luckily he lived on a hill where we were able to roll it onto my trailer. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:🤪

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Well I jinxed myself, went to buy one today and the guy Lost. The. Key. while I was in route, lol. I was committed, seller thought the key might be in the trunk, I wanted to break a window but the seller wasn't about that We ended up prying open the sunroof enough to unbolt the glass. Then he crawled in, but couldn't unlock the doors because the battery was dead. We then kicked out the partition wall where the ski bag would be (sedan) and used the emergency release to open the trunk. Then put a good battery in it, which set off the alarm requiring accessing the siren and unplugged it. Next, we broke the steering lock and luckily he lived on a hill where we were able to roll it onto my trailer. :rolleyes:
Kinda sounds like my barn find Mini extraction, except I went into that expecting the key not to be there. The car was unlocked, but I had to maul the column to defeat the steering lock. Then we used a truck and a tow rope through hand hold on the tongue of the tow dolly (as a turning block) to drag it up on. If it's only for parts, or to be a racecar, no big deal, right?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to get off topic but is there a similar thread for e91's on any site? I have been looking for a facelift rwd sport package e91 to n54/dct swap and am not having much luck. Most I have found are awd and not sport. Auto is ok as I am going dct

·
Registered
2001 325xiT BMW
14 Posts
You're not too far off, e46 manual wagons were pretty uncommon, all things considered. Here are the production numbers from this thread:

View attachment 939250

Total production for north america (US & Canada) with manual trans was:
2000 323i (RWD): 541
2001 325i & 325xi (RWD & AWD): 832
2002-2005 325i (RWD): 754
2002-2005 325xi (AWD): 1284

So that's 3,411 manual E46 wagons total, including SMG. And of those in each VIN range there were actually a few VINs that were skipped in sequence, so there are slightly less than that. About half were AWD and half RWD.

A good number of those have since been wrecked, scrapped, crushed, are rusty beyond repair, etc. so who knows how many nice ones are actually left.
Weird, my 01 wagon production date is 11//01/2001. Then again its even far more rare than most, since it came with no sunroof from the dealer.

5341 - 5355 of 5355 Posts