5301 - 5320 of 5355 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts

·
Registered
'04 325iT ZSP M/T, '18 M3 ZCP DCT
17 Posts
You're not too far off, e46 manual wagons were pretty uncommon, all things considered. Here are the production numbers from this thread:

View attachment 939250

Total production for north america (US & Canada) with manual trans was:
2000 323i (RWD): 541
2001 325i & 325xi (RWD & AWD): 832
2002-2005 325i (RWD): 754
2002-2005 325xi (AWD): 1284

So that's 3,411 manual E46 wagons total, including SMG. And of those in each VIN range there were actually a few VINs that were skipped in sequence, so there are slightly less than that. About half were AWD and half RWD.

A good number of those have since been wrecked, scrapped, crushed, are rusty beyond repair, etc. so who knows how many nice ones are actually left.
Oh wow, those numbers are lower than I would have expected. Guess I really lucked out on mine.

·
Registered
2002 325xiT
97 Posts
I mulled this one over for a couple of days... sent a message the other day and the interior wasn't sold yet. I was down in the area so I couldn't resist. I only got the seats and door panels (no carpet) so it was a few hundred bucks cheaper than what was listed in the ad. I've been lusting after a NB interior since I bought my sedan 10+ years ago and to see one come up for a wagon like this was even more of a rare opportunity.

The guy who sold the parts is a tech at the local indy euro shop, which is where I picked up the parts. It was a pretty awesome place with some cool high end and rare BMW's. Saw an E36 B3 Alpina, a bunch of M cars, a few race cars, etc. One of the more interesting ones was an E46 330xi with an S54 swap. Pretty cool seeing how they were able to adapt the S54 for AWD.

Current dilemma is whether to actually install the natural brown interior or continue on my current path with my 2-tone gray/black and swap the natural brown in later. It's not really a crazy amount of work to just swap door panels and seats, and I kind of want to see how the gray/black will turn out. Plus the NB interior needs a good cleaning before it's going anywhere.

For sure I'll be swapping out my gray dash for a black one when I swap in the black carpet, so the dash will work with either the gray/black or natural brown interior. I was originally intending on keeping the gray dash for the 2-tone swap. I haven't worked on this car for the past 3-4 months with all the other stuff going on in my life, so it'll probably be a while before anything happens either way.

View attachment 939244

View attachment 939245
Very nice snag! I missed an opportunity to buy a 325xit 5mt parts car for $400 a couple months ago, of course it had a natural brown interior, doh! Very jealous of your purchase, and sounds like the trip was worth it just to see that shop and cars in it 👍🏻

·
Registered
1 Posts
The guy who sold the parts is a tech at the local indy euro shop, which is where I picked up the parts. It was a pretty awesome place with some cool high end and rare BMW's. Saw an E36 B3 Alpina, a bunch of M cars, a few race cars, etc. One of the more interesting ones was an E46 330xi with an S54 swap. Pretty cool seeing how they were able to adapt the S54 for
You are lucky I already have Tanin Red… Louis gave me first dibs.

I should have stopped over if I knew you were in town. I’m the resident “wagon guy” over there at PE back when I did my swap in the old shop many years ago. Louis’ car exchanged hands in our friend group a few times, sad to see it go! Was an awesome color combo.

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,150 Posts
Speak of the devil though, here is a manual RWD wagon for sale. And cheap.

Just commented on that on Fakebook. That's a stupid steal. Highly desirable config, really good condition (unless there is a butt-load of hidden rust)... If this lasts to the end of the day I'd be shocked.

·
Registered
'04 325iT ZSP M/T, '18 M3 ZCP DCT
17 Posts
Just commented on that on Fakebook. That's a stupid steal. Highly desirable config, really good condition (unless there is a butt-load of hidden rust)... If this lasts to the end of the day I'd be shocked.
My friend did try and reach out to the seller and he doesn't want to sell to out of state buyers.

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,150 Posts
My friend did try and reach out to the seller and he doesn't want to sell to out of state buyers.
A pox on their house! Just kidding, but that is really dumb. They could easily get double that if there is little to no rust.

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,055 Posts
You are lucky I already have Tanin Red… Louis gave me first dibs.

I should have stopped over if I knew you were in town. I’m the resident “wagon guy” over there at PE back when I did my swap in the old shop many years ago. Louis’ car exchanged hands in our friend group a few times, sad to see it go! Was an awesome color combo.
Hey Nick! Yeah that would have been cool to meet you, I remember sending you those rear glass panels and some window trim a while back that you were going to paint black. Would be cool to see how that all turned out on your car.

I had to take a run down to the Chicago area for work and it's like the stars aligned that everything worked out for picking up the interior at the same time. I was pretty much in and out in a half hour and then heading back up to WI. I was kind of surprised it was still available after being listed for 6 days. He said there was a lot of interest but no takers.

I was also sad to hear the story from Louis about how he got rear-ended. It's one of those scenarios where there is literally nothing you can do to stop it from happening. I saw what was left of the car and he was lucky to not be injured.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,520 Posts
oh snap. Gonna have to convince my wife. I’ve got a spare engine, trans, and driveshaft that’ll fit this thing if need be. Looks like a fun hoon/track/drift project. Both of my e46s are too nice (to me) to play rough with, but this one’s already gone down the questionable mods path far enough to not care what happens. This is the “lawn mowing shoe” of e46s.:ROFLMAO:
@doofenshmirtz it's still there. Price down to 700.

·
Registered
753 Posts
5301 - 5320 of 5355 Posts