E46 Fanatics Forum banner
5241 - 5260 of 5261 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This one was just listed on BAT… I might bid if it doesn’t go for a crazy amount 😂
This is the same one that was linked in this thread about a month ago.
From TX to OK to CA, and now in OR. Asking prices on Craigslist then were $10k in OK, $16k in CA, then lowered to $11.5k.

Looks pretty clean with fairly low miles (89k), but a 323i with no options...

Bet it will still bring crazy $$$ now on BAT.

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,121 Posts
This one was just listed on BAT… I might bid if it doesn’t go for a crazy amount 😂
I don't mean to be rude, but good luck with that. The car that recently sold for just under $20k was NO WHERE near as nice as this one and it had rust. This one is going to be interesting.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
7,303 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the same one that was linked in this thread about a month ago.
From TX to OK to CA, and now in OR. Asking prices on Craigslist then were $10k in OK, $16k in CA, then lowered to $11.5k.

Looks pretty clean with fairly low miles (89k), but a 323i with no options...

Bet it will still bring crazy $$$ now on BAT.

hmmm interesting ... what do you think it will go for?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
hmmm interesting ... what do you think it will go for?
The market on BAT and everywhere else is so crazy now, it's hard to say.

-Based on other resent sales, close to $20k wouldn't surprise me for the 5sp Manual, even with no options.
$8000 bid with 3 days to go...

-The M3 conversion looks like it was done well, but the miles are still very high which could be an issue for some buyers.
$10,000 bid with 7 days to go...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
The market on BAT and everywhere else is so crazy now, it's hard to say.

-Based on other resent sales, close to $20k wouldn't surprise me for the 5sp Manual, even with no options.
$8000 bid with 3 days to go...

-The M3 conversion looks like it was done well, but the miles are still very high which could be an issue for some buyers.
$10,000 bid with 7 days to go...
That jumped quick. It was @ $6k a few hours ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That's mine on BAT guys! Finally got it through the BAT process and up, even though their timing kind of surprised me with not much warning.

I've talked to a few people about it here, if anyone wants to know anything let me know!
I assume yours is the M3 conversion.
My question would be why would you go though all the time, effort, and money to build this, and then just turn around and sell it? Was that your plan from the beginning, or did you not get the results that you expected? Would you build another one knowing what you know now?

·
Registered
130 Posts
UncleDon,

Yep the M3 conversion is mine! There have been a few threads on here I made about it over the years.

I have owned and daily driven the car for 4 years, the longest I have ever kept a single car haha. One of my absolute favorite cars I have owned, and I have owned well over 50 at this point, possibly 100. The only reason I am selling now is because my E90 M3 wagon is almost done. I built the car to be my daily driver on my long commute and it handled that perfect for what I wanted for 4 solid years. The results were honestly better than I could have imagined.

I actually will build another E46 M3 wagon, and will probably start fairly soon after my E90 M3 is done and this one is sold. It will just be more extreme!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
UncleDon,

Yep the M3 conversion is mine! There have been a few threads on here I made about it over the years.

I have owned and daily driven the car for 4 years, the longest I have ever kept a single car haha. One of my absolute favorite cars I have owned, and I have owned well over 50 at this point, possibly 100. The only reason I am selling now is because my E90 M3 wagon is almost done. I built the car to be my daily driver on my long commute and it handled that perfect for what I wanted for 4 solid years. The results were honestly better than I could have imagined.

I actually will build another E46 M3 wagon, and will probably start fairly soon after my E90 M3 is done and this one is sold. It will just be more extreme!

Thanks!
Thanks for your reply, I didn't realize that you had it for so long. From all the pictures it somehow looked like a more resent build.
It looks and sounds like well sorted project. I hope it brings a pile of $$$ for you so you can start the next one.

It will also be interesting to hear whether you like the E90 version better, or the E46...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Yes I am quite curious to see and feel the difference as well. I modded them very similarly, I also deleted the sunroof on the E90, bought a whole roof from Germany with no sunroof, so they might be very close in weight. A common complaint about the E90! I added a few mono-balls and went with solid rear subframe bushings as well, so I hope it feels as direct and tight.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Car looks great and it would not surprise me to see a really strong number. Folks want a complete, no excuses car with a known history and well thought out modifications...your car has all the right ingredients to hit that target. I'll be watching the action, thinking of putting mine out there in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UncleDon,

Thanks!

super clean build, who did you have build your e90 m3 wagon?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Silver over black sport package, rwd, auto, mechanical and electrical issues, but cheap.

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
5,206 Posts
Silver over black sport package, rwd, auto, mechanical and electrical issues, but cheap.

The EGM is probably just freaked out by the constant low voltage. That thing would likely fix right up.

I'd be very concerned about deferred maintenance with his "I'm no mechanic" statement though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The EGM is probably just freaked out by the constant low voltage. That thing would likely fix right up.

I'd be very concerned about deferred maintenance with his "I'm no mechanic" statement though.
Ditto to the above -

Also that post has been up for a while (always stumbling across it) and it was changed to “must go this week” like 3 weeks ago.

I doubt it’s still available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5241 - 5260 of 5261 Posts