E46 Fanatics Forum banner
5221 - 5240 of 5261 Posts

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,121 Posts
To elaborate, this car is simply a donor (project) car IMHO. It does not have the sport package and it's a slushbox. Cars with spec are readily available. This car has a paint issue with one of the mirrors (yes, a small issue, but it's one that must be dealt with). The rust on the chassis is quite frankly a non-starter for me. Granted, I'm lucky enough to live in the south, but I lived a bit over half my life up north and corrosion took from me a car I expected to keep my entire life. Like I said non-starter. For the same money I can find a rust free car with no paint issues. Sure there will be more miles, but who cares given condition.

That's the long story why I think $4k is already a bit much for this car.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
To elaborate, this car is simply a donor (project) car IMHO. It does not have the sport package and it's a slushbox. Cars with spec are readily available. This car has a paint issue with one of the mirrors (yes, a small issue, but it's one that must be dealt with). The rust on the chassis is quite frankly a non-starter for me. Granted, I'm lucky enough to live in the south, but I lived a bit over half my life up north and corrosion took from me a car I expected to keep my entire life. Like I said non-starter. For the same money I can find a rust free car with no paint issues. Sure there will be more miles, but who cares given condition.

I agree with your points and I wouldn't buy it... but, based on past BAT Touring sales, I think it will go for more than $10,000.

I hope that it goes for a lot more than that as it helps the value of other Tourings go up.
Link to BAT E46 Touring sales history page... E46 3-Series Touring

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
7,303 Posts

Yah. Didn't read carefully. I'd rather have a 250k California BMW than a 70k one from the rust states.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Here's another touring that just popped up on BAT. Not the most desirable spec, but really low miles at only 33k.

Sold $19,250... That's crazy for that car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The magic of BAT. If you manage to get your car through their screening process, including providing the initial write-up and photography, the results will be worthwhile. Just make sure your wheels are wrapped with rubber, rather than having mounted your tires.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
That is positively insane for that car. You could get a well sorted M converted car (less body mods) in FAR better condition for that money.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That is positively insane for that car. You could get a well sorted M converted car (less body mods) in FAR better condition for that money.
I agree, that the BaT car went wildly more than I would have guessed and I'm impressed there were (3) bidders too. BUT I don't think you can get a well sorted M converted car for that price either even if it was a DIY and you valued your labor at $0.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I agree, that the BaT car went wildly more than I would have guessed and I'm impressed there were (3) bidders too. BUT I don't think you can get a well sorted M converted car for that price either even if it was a DIY and you valued your labor at $0.
I'm a little temped to list mine on BAT and set a new record...
The last 5-speed Manual / Sport Package E46 Wagon sold in the U.S. One owner, 35K miles, stored winters and rarely driven in the rain. Truly like new inside and out. ZHP Wheels, Muffler, Clear Corners, and M-Tech II Bumpers. All done with new OEM parts many years ago. I really love this car, but I just don't drive it very much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a little temped to list mine on BAT and set a new record...
The last 5-speed Manual / Sport Package E46 Wagon sold in the U.S. One owner, 35K miles, stored winters and rarely driven in the rain. Truly like new inside and out. ZHP Wheels, Muffler, Clear Corners, and M-Tech II Bumpers. All done with new OEM parts many years ago. I really love this car, but I just don't drive it very much.

View attachment 934921
That car is absolutely BaT worthy and would sell for a pretty penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2002 325xiT
64 Posts
I'm not sure those days exist anymore. Let's see how this one goes: 2005 BMW 325xi Touring - 5-Speed Manual, AWD, Sport Package, Some Modifications
Not often cars from my neck of the woods end up on BaT or CaB. That’s a lot of miles (for a New England car) but does seem pretty clean considering, and some bigger maintenance items done in the last few years. The owner before the seller was from my area, I drive by “Jakes car wash” almost every day. I think $6-7k will take it, but now that I’ve said that who the heck knows.

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
In the last year I've seen more than one with no unfinished issues within that price range. Shocked me because I thought they were WAY under priced. I suppose we may be caught up on "well sorted." My intended inference was simply there were no unfinished issues, not a car that had everything brought up to spec (like all new bushings, clutch, etc.).

·
Registered
2001 325i Touring, 94 Toyota Landcruiser, 2004 Honda CBR F4i
74 Posts

Saw this on PA Bmw classifieds on Facebook. Sellers name is Anthony Doring.

·
Registered
700 Posts
In the last year I've seen more than one with no unfinished issues within that price range. Shocked me because I thought they were WAY under priced. I suppose we may be caught up on "well sorted." My intended inference was simply there were no unfinished issues, not a car that had everything brought up to spec (like all new bushings, clutch, etc.).
I think we are on the same page, but I also think we have different ideas as to what amount of "no unfinished issues" are acceptable. :)

·
Ironman
5,121 Posts
I think we are on the same page, but I also think we have different ideas as to what amount of "no unfinished issues" are acceptable. :)
No, I think we have the same expectations there as well. That is why I trusted you with my conversion. You do things the way I would. I simply meant, for a driver (which can have things in various states of wear), a car with everything working correctly as opposed to so many partially finished project cars that cost more to un**** than it cost them for the parts to do the conversion. I know you know what I mean. :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Clean blue over black non-sport 325xi with a manual in southern New Hampshire. Rebuilt title though...

5221 - 5240 of 5261 Posts