BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 4574 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

Wish they had pictures but, 325xi - can't verify build since all the decoder sites seem to be down - listed as a manual but, VIN makes me think its an Auto. Service history looks good, one accident when it was rear ended. 120,000 miles. Could be worth a look if you're local.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Wish they had pictures but, 325xi - can't verify build since all the decoder sites seem to be down - listed as a manual but, VIN makes me think its an Auto. Service history looks good, one accident when it was rear ended. 120,000 miles. Could be worth a look if you're local.
One of the service records indicated the fan clutch was replaced so sounds like an auto.🙁

·
Registered
'00 323 >>> 332iT, Orientblau
130 Posts
I looked at this one. Buyer will be happy. Anyone on this group?

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,464 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
All things being equal, do you guys think that a facelift with a swapped 6 speed should be priced much higher than a swapped 5 speed?

·
Registered
134 Posts
All things being equal, do you guys think that a facelift with a swapped 6 speed should be priced much higher than a swapped 5 speed?
I think it would carry a premium, the question is how much. Probably not more than the price of the transmission, maybe?

I think the 6sp is a much, much better transmission than the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,464 Posts
gogeo said:
Facelift doesn't make a difference. 6-speed is worth something, for sure

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Agreed it would command more, but not a huge amount more. I don't think I'd pay more than $1k more for an extra gear, given all other aspects of the cars were equal, and that would be max.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,464 Posts
It is one of those cases where someone who wanted it would value it, so if you want the higher value be prepared to wait.

but $1k on the outside

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it would carry a premium, the question is how much. Probably not more than the price of the transmission, maybe?
I think the 6sp is a much, much better transmission than the 5.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you....Im in the process of doing a 6 speed swap and although I am not looking to move it, eventually we all get tired...and I have to say, getting 6 speed parts is difficult and expensive.

Facelift doesn't make a difference. 6-speed is worth something, for sure
I mentioned facelift since it seems many prefer then non-face lifted look.

Agreed it would command more, but not a huge amount more. I don't think I'd pay more than $1k more for an extra gear, given all other aspects of the cars were equal, and that would be max.
That's a bit painful to read but you're probably on the money.

It is one of those cases where someone who wanted it would value it, so if you want the higher value be prepared to wait.
but $1k on the outside
Thanks for responding...I certainly would pay more but how much was the question in my head...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey guys,

Listing my wagon for sale. Here's the link. If you can't see it, I'm going to make a E46.com post tomorrow. giving you all first crack

4541 - 4560 of 4574 Posts