BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 4456 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a Glen Shelly car

This one just popped up local to me, I'm very tempted as I've wanted a red one for a while. But for the condition and options it seems over priced. These guys normally have really nice cars for fair to high prices so not totally surprised.

2001 325XiT Hellrot/Beige AT

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/lafayette-2001-bmw-e46-325xi-sport/7019362681.html
Glen Shelly is well known for the cars that he sells, has had a few on BaT and they have a good reputation, but they tend to be just at that point in the market where they sell a car, but it's above what I would pay. Being a non Sport at that price is a deal breaker. They had the AWD S54 swap into an xiT not long ago. Good group but not at what I'd pay. My .02 worth

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glen Shelly is well known for the cars that he sells, has had a few on BaT and they have a good reputation, but they tend to be just at that point in the market where they sell a car, but it's above what I would pay. Being a non Sport at that price is a deal breaker. They had the AWD S54 swap into an xiT not long ago. Good group but not at what I'd pay. My .02 worth

They also had a Topaz Blue s54-swapped wagon with a pretty minty dove grey interior asking $26.5k. It was sold within a week or two, undisclosed sale price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I think with good maintenance, if it's what you really want, I think $6k is fair. I'd want to see the cooling system done at that age/mileage and price point, as well as some suspension work. Premium and cold weather are pluses.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
4,943 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
In the E30 world, I believe things like the motor and tachometer are viewed as mere incidentals. Donors abound, but 60km shells (a Touring shell at that) can probably be counted on one or two hands.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That? For that price, I'll take an E46 S54 thanks. Of course, some of you already have one. It's cool, but IMHO, not $15,000 worth of cool, especially with that engine and no tachometer. That's a really low spec car.
I think it's worth the price if you consider that cars like that end up in a collection, they aren't really meant for actual use. Looks like its in absolutely mint condition which makes it worth it to the right buyer

·
Registered
298 Posts
That? For that price, I'll take an E46 S54 thanks. Of course, some of you already have one. It's cool, but IMHO, not $15,000 worth of cool, especially with that engine and no tachometer. That's a really low spec car.
I was daydreaming about selling my M3 and grabbing that. Reason being, I can always easily find another M3 but where are you going to find another low mileage touring like that?

Will I though? Probably not as I doubt it would make a good DD :)

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
^^^ My almost-twin, exterior-wise.

I mean, eagle-eyed viewers (that is to say, everyone reading this rn) will be able to rattle off all the subtle differences, but to an everyman (or woman) that is my car: a green BMW station wagon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Such a good price though for what looks like a very well optioned car thats been taken pretty good care of, at least interior wise. Cheap enough to make an s54 swap look reasonable!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Such a good price though for what looks like a very well optioned car thats been taken pretty good care of, at least interior wise. Cheap enough to make an s54 swap look reasonable!
Agreed, it looks to be a great swap candidate. And most of clear coat issue is on reasonably isolated panels.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3741 - 3760 of 4456 Posts