E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Touring Roll Call

62K views 237 replies 145 participants last post by  otmpcr 
#1 ·
So, hopefully this is OK with our moderators, but I have a sense that these cars are becoming hard to find in decent shape. I wanted to start a roll call thread for this group to get a sense of what we have in our respective garages. Focusing on the main elements of the car and not really focused on mods unless it applies to the columns listed. Please add the details for your Touring. If you have, or have had more than one (lucky bugger :clap:), list 'em all!

So, I'll throw mine in...

Year 2002
Current mileage 144,000
Color Grey-Green
Transmission 5-speed manual
Drive RWD
Sport? Y
Premium? Y
Sunroof Y

#2 ·
It is so true on what you say about tourings growing harder to find in a clean shape. Im one of the few in allentown,PA that owns a touring but everyone else that has one has it like Poop.

Year 2000
Current mileage 139503
Color Orientblau
Transmission Automatic-steptronic
Drive RWD
Sport IDK
Premium? Y
Sunroof Y
Navi Y

#14 ·
Someone asked what I would do with the info. My plan is to initiate a kind of registry of these cars for at least those who are involved in this list.

I have set up a Google sheet here.

It is presently read only, so I will make corrections and add content myself for now :)loco:). This data may start to show us some interesting patterns. It is already apparent that rear wheel drive is popular here in a way it is not with the general public!

I have also added a "VIN last 7" column, as I am interested in what the range of the build number is on these cars. I suspect that the number of RWD sport manual cars in the US is pretty small. You might find some of our cars are "sisters" with adjoining VIN's. Of course it is your option if you want to add this data, but the more the better.

Feedback and improvements invited.

You can PM me or add to the thread with updates. And for those who have not yet responded, please share!

#15 · (Edited)
Mine

Year 2002
Current mileage 270k
Color Streel Gray
Transmission manual
Drive AWD
Sport? Y
Premium? Y
Sunroof Y

Additional

Hk sound system, factory nav, Park distance control, xenon headlights,

It was originally a 325xi 5 speed but is now currently a 330xi 6 speed

The last 7 of my vin are pe91421

I also personally ran the vin range for both RWD and AWD 5 speed 325's ( I didn't run 323's ). Theres around 2500 AWD manuals and 1500 RWD manuals in the US

#18 ·
Current 201,000 purchased with 139k
Alpine/black
5 speed
Sport N
Premium N
Sunroof Y

Apline/tan
5 speed
Sport Y
PremiumY
sunroof NO!

Swapping in the M54B30 to the slick top and al the goodies from mine and black interior with sport seats!

It took me awhile to find #1 in Apline with a 5 speed.

#20 ·
I have turned on the comment function in the Google Sheet. This link will get you to the sheet. If you have an update to your car, leave a comment and I will update.

Since I have not yet found one anywhere on the Interwebs for the US, the next step: "North American e46 Touring Registry"

Once the traffic dies down on this thread and it seems like we have a bunch of us on the sheet, I will open a new thread which I'll call something like "e46 Touring Registry". I'll keep adding data as people keep feeding the roll call thread. I'll try to add features and functionality to the sheet as we go along. Definitely looking for input!

#21 ·
You know, while on the forum we can generally see folks' location, perhaps that would be nice to include with the registry. Always nice to know if there is someone nearby that may be able to help with an issue. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.