BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a tough time deciding on which system to get. I really like the fact that KW comes with stainless construction cause I live in NY and have to deal with the salty roads in the winter. For that reason alone I think I've ruled out the other systems.

As far as the KW V1's, anyone have any experience with the dampening they are set at? Is it stiffer than stock? I would like to get something a little stiffer as I track my car from time to time, but I can't decide if I should spill the extra beans on the V2 system.

And lastly, where is the cheapest place to get these things?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the only thing people respond to around here "which car is faster threads"?

Can someone direct me to a bimmer site that you can get technical information from?

·
Banned
2,072 Posts

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,178 Posts
FYI, KW V1's do not have adjustable dampening.

KW V2's are an excellent choice.

Ground Control also has good setups as well.

Personally, I've own the H&R Cupkit, H&R Coilovers, PSS9's, and KW V2 Coilovers and I liked the KW setup the best as far as quality and craftsmanship.

·
mi casa @ technik
6,619 Posts
vinnymac said:
FYI, KW V1's do not have adjustable dampening.

KW V2's are an excellent choice.

Ground Control also has good setups as well.

Personally, I've own the H&R Cupkit, H&R Coilovers, PSS9's, and KW V2 Coilovers and I liked the KW setup the best as far as quality and craftsmanship.
I agree, KWs and Bilsteins are very good for its money..

shoot [email protected] an email for excellent pricing:thumbup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
trahsub said:
I'm having a tough time deciding on which system to get. I really like the fact that KW comes with stainless construction cause I live in NY and have to deal with the salty roads in the winter. For that reason alone I think I've ruled out the other systems.

As far as the KW V1's, anyone have any experience with the dampening they are set at? Is it stiffer than stock? I would like to get something a little stiffer as I track my car from time to time, but I can't decide if I should spill the extra beans on the V2 system.

And lastly, where is the cheapest place to get these things?
The KW V1's are set at "medium" dampness, smack in the middle. The difference between V1 and V2 is about $200 which in my opinion makes it well worth it, especially because you track the car.

Simply asking in a forum whether the V1's are stiff enough or not, doesnt really answer your question, since stiffness is a relative term. With V2's you dont really have to worry about that.

If you are going with V1's, you might want to consider the new coils just released by Eibach. Supposed to be a good compromise.

Personally, either I take the cheap route and buy a combo like H&R Cupkit, or i do it right and get the V2's or V3's.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts