E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '02 M3 and have been using Titan Super Synthetic 5W40 Ultra High Performance motor oil in my engine for about a year and a half (two oil and filter changes). I find that it's impossible to pick up in stores and would like to know if anyone else uses this product and their experience with it. Also what is considered the best engine oil for the car from your experience/perspective (Castrol Syn 10W60, Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc.)

Although I'd love to track the car, can't afford the related cost. Do spirited long distance driving, and would eventually like to do a supercharged stage two or three upgrade. Attended Bimmerfest 2011 East Coast last year......Yeah!! Looking forward to you feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,039 Posts
OP, where did you hear 5/40 was close to being correct for an M?

Get OE from dealer...it's usually the cheapest you can find anyway. Your car has had too long on the wrong oil...get this fundamental fluid correct...and you might doublecheck the assumptions you've made about other things for your car too. I won't say you've done any damage, but you can't have been doing it any good with that oil either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts