BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off a disclaimer - I'm new to car maintenance and don't know anything.

I've been thinking about getting a topsider oil changer. Good idea or bad? How easy is it to use? And will I save a significant amount of $$ doing my own oil and filter changes? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Search these forums for oil extractor. They are great and super easy to use. Complete oil and filter change takes about 15 mins. max. I know I change my oil alot more frequently since it's so easy.

John

·
Registered
199 Posts
oil extractor

i have an oil extractor and works like a charm, i will take some photos in the morning ! um... go to www.mytoolshed.com i belive thats where i got it .. cost 61 bucks with shipping and the filters where i think 6.95 from bavauto.com and you can get 7 liters of oil for 25 bucks with your bmw cca card from the dealer.
hope this helps a little
mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
My toolshed.com has discontinued their extractor. I just purchased mine from Griot's Garage. Cost me $64.95 plus $12.95 shipping. Looking forward to trying it out.

It is made by Pella, and looks like a nice heavy duty unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Griots Garage Oil extractor works great but I do one one complaint. They need to increase the capacity slightly because I have to dump some oil out to get the rest of it out of the car.

I wont complain too much because I bought a bunch of them for 10.00 a pop at a friends and family sale

ryan380golf said:
My toolshed.com has discontinued their extractor. I just purchased mine from Griot's Garage. Cost me $64.95 plus $12.95 shipping. Looking forward to trying it out.

It is made by Pella, and looks like a nice heavy duty unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts