BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys list as the TOP 3 6.5" component speaker sets in terms of VALUE only. I see a set can range from $80-1000. What should one do though when they have a small budget dedicated towards there entire setup. Which 3 brand/models are the best value for sound quality?

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
adire audio, and if you find a set let me know.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Look into Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs. Probably the best components out there for ~$100 if you're on a real tight budget.

What's your budget?

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
i need a 6.5 that can handle about 200W easily

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well the Phoenix Gold's are a pretty good value. CDT Audio's classic components are in the low 200 dollar range and I found those to be really good and have good power handling.

·
Registered
404 Posts
DA hex S600a's or S600s's (more treble) are amazing [email protected] comps that can handle lots of power and still sound clean. You can find them on ebay, etc. in the $200 range, I think they retail for about $600-700. I went through a set of Focal's and MB Quart Q's before the S600a's and of the 3 the Diamonds were cleaner, handled more power easier and sounded brighter not to mention the least expensive. They dont put out as much on the lower mid-range as the other 2 but they're not designed for that.
Haven't heard the D3's before so i dunno but if you can scrape $200 forget the D3's and go with the hex.
If you have to stay around $100 then I'd go with the PG's also.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Yeah I saw those S600 on ebay today. So they're good to go huh.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Where can I get rainbow speakers at the cheapest prices?

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
Got these:

6.5" 2-Way component set
Mid: Stamped 6.5"
Crossover: EX-480 24 dB. Elliptic 2-Way
Built-in Image enhancement Tweeter design
Tweeter: TW-25S 1" silk twtr
Power Handling: 160 watt RMS
100Hz high-pass
Frequency Response: 60-20kHz
Sensitivity: 92.3 dB
Impedance: 4Ohm
Surface & Flush mount Tweeter
Titanium Tweeter optional (TW-25T)

They can easily fit on the coupe door

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah I saw those S600 on ebay today. So they're good to go huh.
Oh yeah, they good. Actually, I had the hex 5.25" in the doors with MB Quart QSD 216's in the back and was running both sets with a JL 300/4 and it sounded great. Had several people say it was the best sounding stereo they had ever heard. Not audio professionals of course just regualr ppl but still. It was loud but always clean. I had went through 2 other sets (turning too loud and distorting/blowing the woofer) of speakers before getting these and haven't had issues since. The crossovers on both sets are very nice.

Haven't heard Rainbow before but hear they are nice.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
hmm, my cheap ass might have to get me some then.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
anyone ever heard of these? garbage or no, im getting mixed results on google researching....

Mpyre Audio Speakers 65M
"Our 65M midbass has the presence and sound quality to make any installation sing. Based on the legendary Adire Audio Extremis only customized and stylized for the car audio environment. This is simply the most beautiful sounding midbass available, with plenty of excursion for low-end kick and an ultra flat BL curve, the 65M is the driver every car audio enthusiast has been waiting for. The 65M features XBL^2 motor technology, a vented, eight spoke European cast aluminum basket, dry carbon fiber cone, 4 layer 38mm copper voice coil using an aluminum former, stacked NEODYMIUM magnets and of course world class build quality!"

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lots of good responses, so are the S600's worth 2- 2.5 times the cost of RSd 65cs? I don't want to spend too much a double din kit w/ Avic D-3 will cost over $1000 alone for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
call cdt audio directly and speak to john tell him ur from alex with the corvette he will give you the best prices

you cant beat their customer support i had their speakers from 7 years ago they fixed no problem no charge

and thats a great thing when it comes down to car audio look at it realisticly **** breaks lol

anyone who ever heard cdt`s will tell you they have great mid bass output and sound really good whether its the low budged once or the high end once

im currently running their es 3 way series in my corvette and loving every second of the way they sound and btw i went from dls`s to these that should tell you something if you know anything about car audio

1 - 20 of 26 Posts