E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i removed my bumper and now that im putting everything together i have no idea where this goes :facepalm:

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
looks like the outside temperature sensor that goes in front of the left wheel in the horizontal plastic splash guard/brake duct

·
Registered
251 Posts
No e46 had OBD I. Some cars didn't have access to the OBC, but maybe the car uses outside temp to help with HVAC?
Its for your display (outside temp one), for hvac(flaps, blah blah blah whatever), and for that buzzer that goes off when you drive in freezing weather - so you wont forget that its slippery outside...

ALL CARS ARE OBD II AFTER 1996 - ok, like 90% if them...:shhh:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Interesting thing you two are saying there, my Owners Handbook says its OBDII, however I don't have the Trip Computer OBDII functions etc, and my Diagnostics plug is an OBDI plug, you can see my car below, is obviously an E46. Main difference is, in the US they didn't release the 318i, in Europe and Australia + a few other places, they did. Mines a 318i, Four Cylinder 1.9L Auto, with the M43TU Engine (I think the Z3s have the same engine :S) ... I wonder if anyone can clarify whether my car actually has OBDI or OBDII considering the book says one thing, the diag plug says another, and most other ppl agree with the book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts