BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
like ma bell, i got the...
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the dilemma ... by putting it on the windshield i might 'remind' cops thats it's not on the front. i am also admitting wrongdoing.

without it on the windshield cops may not notice (maryland which is 5 miles away doesn't require front plates) but, if i do get pulled over they might be more likely to give me a ticket (non fixit) ...

so, should i keep it on the dash in front of the windshield or just put it in the trunk?

·
Registered
98 Posts
dont even put it in the windshield thats dumb

·
Registered
196 Posts
Umm, hate to break it to you, but MD requires a front plate still. I'd just leave it off, most cops won't notice anyway.

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Dont put it up against the windshield in the front. If you get into a major accident that thing becomes a flying razor blade.

dave

·
Registered
402 Posts
when i was in NJ, (requires front plate) i never got yelled at or stopped... tell them the dealer didnt put a plate mount on, or if you do get pulled over just screw it in for them and then take it back off when you get home..

·
'a certain moderator'
36,771 Posts
glove compartment, if u get pulled over, or think ur gonna get pulled over, u could slap it on the dash

or just pull the "i'm waiting for the bracket from germany" line :D ur car is new, they have to believe ya

·
Registered
402 Posts
OR get a good PBA card and youll never get a ticket again

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,546 Posts
dont put it in the dash

I'm a novice at the whole no front plate thing. I've been pulled over 3 times, only had to pay one ticket ($80 in fairfax county :banghead: ). My personal experiences, don't have it anywhere in your car. Your better off saying a neighborhood kid broke it off and your waiting for the new frame to arrive in the mail. I was pulled over on I66, 28 and I95. You'll only get hassled about it if the cop is extremely bored or just a plain a ss. If you do get pulled over chances are you'll just get a warning, especially if your car is a real clean looking bimmer. Hope any of this has helped. Oh, I still continue to drive with my front plate off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts