E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Waiting for my V8 4door M3!
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, call me nuts but........ Why are some people babying their car so much that they leave it in a garage for the winter or when it rains out they dare not to drive it because they don't want it to get wet? What up with this? I paid $43,000 for a car and I'm gonna leave it in the garage? F that dude, I'm rolling in sporty class everywhere I take my azz. Rain, hail or snow... Ok, maybe not hail.

No disrespect to those who baby their Bimmers but I'm trying to understand this.

Garage it all winter and when it rains or when it's windy out but when you do "take it out" the dangers of getting whacked by an idiot or a kicked up stone are so great.

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
I guess it is a matter of how many cars you have. I had both an Accord and an NSX and I'll admit the NSX only came out on clear sunny days. Now that I'm down to one car it comes out rain or shine (can't relate to the snow part but if it did snow, I'm sure it would be out then too!).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can't agree more with you. I buy a car to drive not to wipe it with a diaper and only bring it out to try and impress people. Here is to all you drive there BMW's .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, if I had an NSX in the garage, I would have treated it more like a Ferarri, but chances I'd like to show it off.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
because first of all, we probably have a beater to drive around suring snow

1/ i like babying my car.
2/ car is black so if taken out when its raining, got to come back and wipe off all the shiet, so no water stains are left
3/ taking this car out in the snow is just wrong, first of all unless winter tires are put on during snow season, these cars suck in it
4/ dont like to deal with sand/salt..........to know my baby is getting all that shiet under it is just BADDDDDDD

5/ wind has never been a factor, it does out in the wind:slap:

and thats about it.........besides u take your car out in the winter, your car looks like shiet after snow hits it, and u cant even wash your car afterwards cause it too fukin cold outside so the water just freezes on your ride........u do have the option of going to a car wash for this but then again i only hand wash my ride

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
I payed money to drive this car, not keep it in my garage. So I take it out no matter what; be it a blizzard, rain, earthquake or end of the world.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
AndyXXL said:
I payed money to drive this car, not keep it in my garage. So I take it out no matter what; be it a blizzard, rain, earthquake or end of the world.
good for u, no ones saying u shouldn't.......everyone has their own reasons

·
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel you on that. I guess if I had it like that I would drive the "other car" instead of my prize car. Even though it would kill me driving anything else, I would keep her safe in the bad weather.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
coffee said:
I feel you on that. I guess if I had it like that I would drive the "other car" instead of my prize car. Even though it would kill me driving anything else, I would keep her safe in the bad weather.
trust me, if someone handed u a beater, you'd be doing the same exact thing i am doing......:thumbup: :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've got two cars.
I ALWAYS take the 3'er. I put some snow shoes on it this year cause I hated having to drive the Honda if it snowed. I LOVE driving it in the snow! It's great!
Like the add says, it's "the ultimate DRIVING machine".

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is no such thing as "Too much babying". Personally, I only drive my car when the weather is good. By good I mean anything other than raining/snowing/etc. I don't mind if it's cloudy, but if rain is expected I leave it inside. I admit that on occasion the beater car in the family has been out, and I was forced to take out the M, but it is a rarity. The only reason why I (and others) like to "baby" their cars is to keep them looking new for years to come. I agree cars are to be used, but not "abused". That's what beater cars are for. It might not make a big difference now, but I'll see you guys 5-6-7yrs from now and we'll see who's car looks better, and who's car has the higher resale. If you don't care about any of those things, then by all means use your car to its' fullest! I'll be waxing my garage queen in the mean time!! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
1st. respecting everyones opinion on how they treat their ride.
2.nd i am with he and his. everything he said.
remember you have a 43,000 dollar car with 43,000 dollar wheels and 43,000 dollar paint. if you slide and hit a tree. i prefer a new one than have fixed and painted(thats just me). If you speed to much and since its snowing their is a hole you damage a wheel wich a prefer new cus it will never be the same fixed. and you may loose control of the car and slide ending up in the same tree and damaging the same painting(but thats just me)
3.-- you have to baby your car since they are very sensitive falling into holes and they are very sensitive with the alignment then again they are very sensitive underneath. if you dont take care of the car, karma dude it will do something to you:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I agree with Marx. I have a beater I drive during inclimate weather and it makes me appreciate the B.M.W. more when I take it out.

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Using your BMW as a daily driver when you have no other means of transportation and abusing the car are two different things. I have no choice but to take my car everywhere I go, but that doesn't necessarily mean I abuse and beat the $hit out of it.
Right now, my car is probably the cleanest in the whole garage.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,024 Posts
I have a 330ci and a 1992 civic in good condition. I practically never drive the civic anymore, no matter what the weather is. Partly because the civic is parked on the street and the bimmer has its own spot behind my condo. If I drive the civic somewhere, I will spend at least half an hour looking for another parking spot on the street once i've returned! That sucks! If I had parking spots for both cars or if I were in an area were parking was better, i probably would drive the civic much more. I think I will be moving soon. Maybe upper North West DC.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,024 Posts
michael_oh said:
absolutly. cars are meant to be driven. i don't care if i owned a 500,000 ferrari i would still drive it everyday.
If I had a $500,000 Ferrari, it would be parked in my living room with a rope around it. :D

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
mtfour said:

If I had a $500,000 Ferrari, it would be parked in my living room with a rope around it. :D
exactomundo, dont forget the red bow:D ...........besides after i invested so much in it mod wise, body kits, rims.......i'm not gonna take it anywhere and everywhere for some dumb schmuck to abuse.......good place, look at NJ and their mall side abuse on these nice cars:banghead: :banghead: .........u gotto do whatever it takes

·
Ballin'
2,078 Posts
coffee said:
Ok, call me nuts but........ Why are some people babying their car so much that they leave it in a garage for the winter or when it rains out they dare not to drive it because they don't want it to get wet? What up with this? I paid $43,000 for a car and I'm gonna leave it in the garage? F that dude, I'm rolling in sporty class everywhere I take my azz. Rain, hail or snow... Ok, maybe not hail.

No disrespect to those who baby their Bimmers but I'm trying to understand this.

Garage it all winter and when it rains or when it's windy out but when you do "take it out" the dangers of getting whacked by an idiot or a kicked up stone are so great.
That defines me to a T....

It's my baby....I duno I cant explain it

·
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a 96 Civic for the first two months that I owned my 330Ci and never drove that Civic. I was and still am head over heals for driving my car no matter what.

I admit, I would rather have something else so that my 330 stays new forever but what fun is that? Drive a piece of $hit while my pride and joy shines in a garage?

I value my 330, I worship my 330, I drive my 330.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts