E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As it is, I found a lad who sells the e46 coupe same color 2006 year, very good offer, need little bit of work, rear shocks, break lines rear, tires. I've looked the car and she is not bad, bit rusty, but engine is good, and he got a clutch and flywheel changed 2 years ago, which is good investment I think.

I do everything myself, so wont be a problem to fix small bits.

I just see that these cars are going away, and hard to find, would it be a good investment and keep a second e46 in garage?

What would you do if you got an offer for e46 and you've got e46 already
Would you own 2 e46s? Is it not strange to have 2 same cars)

here is the pics of the car if interested;

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think that’s^ the answer you’re going to get here. One to drive and the other to track and/or experiment with.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that’s^ the answer you’re going to get here. One to drive and the other to track and/or experiment with.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
You just said what I was thinking, have the idea one to keep stock original and other modified and tuned

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 4 e46s in my backyard and one in my garage. Also have a enclosed trailer full of parts from all the e46s i don’t have any more. I say you need at least 3 to be safe
Wow 4, thats really cool man, yea I think I am gonna get the second one, Id say if I dont get it, will regret, its just 30 min drive where is she, 2 coupes and 2 silvers )). Neighbors would think I am crazy maybe)

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
2's not nearly enough- we're at 3 right now, and that's making me nervous.
What if one breaks down? We'd be down to two? NOT GOOD!!!!

t
moar is bettur

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2's not nearly enough- we're at 3 right now, and that's making me nervous.
What if one breaks down? We'd be down to two? NOT GOOD!!!!

t
moar is bettur
I thought I am only the one who thought like that. Its good to talk to people who are the same e46 fanatics, its good we are all here e46fanatics.

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,729 Posts
I thought I am the only one who thought like that.
I mean, the site is called e46fanatics for a reason!

The justification I ran by the wife for why we MUST have at least two:
  1. one to drive while the other is being worked on
  2. for quick parts swap for testing
  3. for measuring signals and data values to compare to the other
  4. twinsies photos
  5. install all the good parts onto the nicer one, and keep the other as a beater

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats!
I see it is RHD, was that E46 originally from the UK?
She was imported from UK, id say most of cars here in IRE are imported from UK, not bad example, but needs care and some work. Already cleaned her, man how much dirty she was. Now having 2 e46, I can start work on one and drive other, happy man now

·
Registered
1 Posts
As it is, I found a lad who sells the e46 coupe same color 2006 year, very good offer, need little bit of work, rear shocks, break lines rear, tires. I've looked the car and she is not bad, bit rusty, but engine is good, and he got a clutch and flywheel changed 2 years ago, which is good investment I think.

I do everything myself, so wont be a problem to fix small bits.

I just see that these cars are going away, and hard to find, would it be a good investment and keep a second e46 in garage?

What would you do if you got an offer for e46 and you've got e46 already
Would you own 2 e46s? Is it not strange to have 2 same cars)

here is the pics of the car if interested;

View attachment 917858 View attachment 917859 View attachment 917860
Not strange, I have my e46 currently being shipped from England to Oz, to be used for fun with my Z4, & his & hers Z3's import approval pending, hence they'll be on a boat shortly.
For most shipping a 2003 325 ci sport would seem daft, but I've had the car for a few years & although worthless in price, it has priceless memories ;)

·
Registered
1980 733i, 2006 m3
264 Posts
... Neighbors would think I am crazy maybe
It's not crazy, It's an affliction. ;)
Seriously, congrats on the 2nd car, but it is not the one you showed earlier. If I could have a diesel, right hand drive as a second ride, No hesitation!!

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two is one, and one is none ... congratulations!

Having an extra takes the pressure off when things need fixing.
That’s 100% true statement, also can swap parts for testing which makes diagnostic much better

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not strange, I have my e46 currently being shipped from England to Oz, to be used for fun with my Z4, & his & hers Z3's import approval pending, hence they'll be on a boat shortly.
For most shipping a 2003 325 ci sport would seem daft, but I've had the car for a few years & although worthless in price, it has priceless memories ;)
Yea are doing the right thing, if you can afford definitely go for another one. My friends and neighbours already jealous))). But we work hard to afford this. Is it hard to find e46 in OZ now, so you import from UK?

·
Registered
320cd coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not crazy, It's an affliction. ;)
Seriously, congrats on the 2nd car, but it is not the one you showed earlier. If I could have a diesel, right hand drive as a second ride, No hesitation!!
Yea its not that one in the first post, did not buy it at the end. Then couple days ago on Irish Facebook e46 forum page seen at advert of guy selling black coupe 320cd in Waterford and its just 15 min drive. Thought should go and look, plus got a cash ready, drove her and said yea its mine. Very happy now, one silver and one black now coupe😎 Il post the twins later

1 - 20 of 29 Posts