E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i drive an 04 e46 m3..if i like it i will trade it in, its silver and the glass roof makes it oh so hot!

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its a low mileage 02 (20k) for low $51,000...what would you consider a good price? theres a relatively high mile turbo for $65,000...60k miles on an 02.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
think about the performance difference/looks/everything about them... the targa is not worth more than 47-48... i mean unless this targa has EVERYTHING u want, colors/options. besides that i would wait and get a turbo. u can find a 02 turbo with 30-40k for 61-63 if u do ur shopping well

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I just saw a SEXY 2002 Porshe TT on SSR st3s for 80k...it only had 5700 miles...mmmm

·
Registered
168 Posts
cookieronster said:
well its a low mileage 02 (20k) for low $51,000...what would you consider a good price? theres a relatively high mile turbo for $65,000...60k miles on an 02.
It's a fair price for a perfect one. Not a steal but some of the "steals" end up with hidden costs.

Get a full PPI. Check the rear main seal which is an issue on some of the 996's. It's engine out if it's bad. Also, get somebody to drive it that knows how the transaxles should feel.

Having said that, You're giving up a lot of practicality with the M for not a lot more performance. Stock to stock the 911 will handle maybe 10% better and has better brakes but not much more power if any. The targa adds some weight. Pcar has better steering feel but the nod for fit and finish goes to the M.

Both great cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts