BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no directions, could you direct me to a link? whats with this harness? cant the wires coming off of rings be directly wired to parking lamps or no?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can the 2 halos be spliced together and then just splice one into the parking lamp? wires arent long enuff for both to reach plug, if so , is the brown wire on lamp plug + ? im thinking the harness you include is for the remote key function?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmmmmmmmm, the inner most light is the drl, when headlights come on this goes out, but its also the bright so, i think tapping into that would be a bad idea...................i would like them to turn on with the drl but not go out when headlights are turned on, is this possible?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i think i have this figured out, i splice the 2 halos together and us one set of plugs...........now, the 2 red wires with the tabs on them , do they get spliced together and then spliced into parking lights coming from ecu? is that the purple wire i think from searching?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which is positive on harness for lights? red or brown? this is bs man, im sitting here with no fin instructions waiting for someone to reply

·
ASPTuning
569 Posts
Hey you want to connect it to your parking lights?

Do not connect it to your parking lights in your engine bay. Otherwise when you go to signal to turn they'll come on and flash...

You want to go under your steering colum, and look for this wire, and tap into it.

http://asptuning.com/images/15422Parking_light_wire.jpg

It's a grey, and purple wire.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Steve
ASPTuning

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do i use the t to tap both remote leads together? and then the other t to tap into purple wire? which is positive on harness? red or brown? i did plenty of searches , that pdf doesnt help me with my specific questions

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im finding this kit a major pain in the fin ass..............i also noticed it says on my receipt, for pre facelift, i have a facelift man.............are these wires measured down to the fin inch? is there anywhere i can tap into that wire up by the ecu? ive been on this 2 fin hours at least and now i have to tear the underside of the steering dash apart? and wire wont be long enuff to reach, f me

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Yo, calm down. Take a Deep Breath. There are plenty of threads that can help you out. I'm sure E.A.S will help fix your situation.

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
I believe EAS is closed on the weekends. But like the above poster stated there is about a million posts about installing these things on the forum. Relax and search around, it's not rocket science.

BTW - I'm sure the facelift comment is in regards to facelift coupes which have different rings, not anything dealing with facelift sedans or prefacelift.

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i read and read for an hour this morning, still no answers so i assume the red connects to the white when connecting halos, couldnt find that anywhere....................now theres about 500 wires under the steering column, which loom is this grey with purple stripe in? im fin steaming pic says forbidden steve , cant see it.....

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mmmmmmmm loom from back of light switch?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
allright , im almost there but , something doesnt seem right it looks as if every other one is lit, like theres a .25 inch space inbetween each led , and they arent very bright................the only thing i can see is i did the plugs wrong, the kit came with 4 plugs, so on each pair i took both whites and made em one plug , and both blacks and made them another..........should i have twisted the neg together and just used plugs on the whites only?

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
is this right? if so im very disappointed, car looks like s friggin xmas tree now they dont even go all the way up to top, what a fin day, spend most of the day on something and when its all said and done, im probably gonna rip it out and throw em on ebay .............. the contrast between my halogen drl and the ring is horrible, any way to keep drl off?

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
^Did you purchase the 30 LED variety? I thought EAS only had a 60 LED version. :dunno: Maybe every-other one is lit which could be some sort of install error...

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes , it was 30 led, but pics didnt look like that, or is it just me

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mmmmm, didnt see any pics that looked like that, if someone can enlighten me and show me pics ive looked at that look like that ..........

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
I could find the threads for you, but it's much simpler to do the math.

You ordered 30 LED halos, in your picture if you count the glowing lights (LEDs), there's 30 of them. What more evidence than that could you possibly want/need?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts