E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
330ci Coupe 6MT
1,920 Posts
As an aside, I think I’m going to buy my own Foxwell since it is such a great little tool.
Don't buy a Foxwell (or other generic scan tool) unless you're a general mechanic needing to work on a variety of different makes of car, and you don't care if the tool doesn't do everything on a BMW. BMW owners are far better served instead by the BMW's own Standard Tools. Follow the link in Bali's "Important Links" sticky to download for free and install.

· Registered
330ci Coupe 6MT
1,920 Posts
I should have mentioned that my neighbor also has a laptop with all the Standard Tools. Since I don’t have an old Windows laptop laying around I figured it would be better to have the Nt530 so I could do almost everything with it and then only have to borrow his laptop for coding modules etc.
A used windows laptop off ebay to install INPA on would cost you less than a Foxwell but your call. FWIW I run mine on a battered old ThinkPad X230 tablet I picked up for £60.

A generic tool wouldn't need setting up though, so that could be an advantage I hadn't considered if you don't get on with computers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts