BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting most likely UUC sway bars. But i also want to do either tires or suspension. Right now there are some brand new continentals(conti sport 2?), they question is, should i leave those on there and get either coilovers or springs/shcoks...Or should i get some new tires such as S-03s and leave the sport suspesnion alone?

BTW- its an 02 330Ci 5MT Sport, oh yea, thats in my sig.

·
Banned
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i plan to do some tracking(autox and road course) but not competitively, just for fun... Actually that might not last for long!

·
Banned
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok suspension it is. Now how stiff of a ride do coiovers have(i know there adjustable)? Should i do something like a cupkit or coilovers?
Some coilovers that come to mind:pSS9, KW V2, ground control?.....help!!

BTW- ive never used coilovers before, is it a daunting task to adjust them just right? Any write up on the best settings(for track or street)?

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
u'r gonna do both eventually.........so do whichever fits your financial budget at the time:thumbup:

·
Registered
903 Posts
i would definately go with kw v2's i just had them installed and it was the best money i ever spent! height is a little difficult to adjust but dampening is not.

·
Banned
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What exactly is dampening? Does that mean like how stiff of a ride, or the jolt is, from going over bumpy roads or speed bumps?

·
Registered
903 Posts
stiffness im pretty sure, at least tahts what i notice. I think its actually "rebound time" which im guessing is how stiff or soft...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dampening is rate of contraction, rebound is rate of expansion. Two independent adjustments on a double adjustable shock.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,482 Posts
For handling...the tires are the most importent component...So personally I would get some good tires on there b4 u mess with the suspension. Also get a few Autox's/races under ur belt b4 changing the suspension dramatically...one more thing, be sure to check how suspension mods change ur car's class...cause swaybars DO NOT put u in the stock categories for autox at least...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Height is not an adjustment on a shock. On many coilover kits it is adjusted by turning a ring at spring base or spring hat up or down. On the e46 because of the high rear roll center, you should lower your rear as low as the kit will allow in the rear. Then with your car on the scales, adjust the fronts to match the weight of the opposite corners and you will have successfully corner balanced your car.

I don't run KWs but a lot of people on this board do and could answer if the KW v2 is single or double adjustable shock. I run Koni and you can get them in single, double, triple or quadruple adjustable versions. Sachs, JRZ, Moton and other high end shocks are available in 4 way adjustable also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts