BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that you should run the set tires front and rear for track, how much difference does having the same model/brand tires made on the track?

I'll be heading to the track in March, and the tires I have on my track wheels are in front Falken 512 235/40/18 and 245/35/18 Pirelli Pzero Directional in back.

Should I change the front tires out for a set of Pzero too? or am I wasting money?

Anyone got a good set of track tires to recommend? somewhere in the middle not too expensive and not too cheap.

Tks in advance.

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
it's hard to say with a definitive answer. but you must take into account these two tires will behave differently no matter what. personally i would not take the risk. you must take into account the sidewall stiffness, tread rating, speed rating, etc.

get some rt 615s.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
They may change the balance and overall feel of the car, but I still think you should use them.

Just switch the falkens to the rear so when they wear out, you can get some new Pzeros.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The local BMW chapter here got very strict about mixing tires a few years ago. There was some "hot" tire set up that was so hot, that there were several "incidents" that got everyone's attention. It seemed to have cooled off, but check with who is running your events to see if they have any policy on this.

From my perspective, I would never mix tires on the street, much less the track................... :tsk:

If your P Zero Neros are the M&S type, you'll destroy them on the track. Yes, I tried it......... 6500 miles, 3 track weekends, and they were toast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts