E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Addicted to Torque!
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a set of SSR GT3 Satin 19"s. Wheels arrived on time, but were shipped with a piece of cardboard on each side, Zip Tied around. There was really no protection at all for the wheels other than a very thin sheet of cushoning. 1 of the wheels had the lugnuts wrapped in them and unfortunately the baggie holding the lug nuts broke and scratched and chipped the wheel to hell! The wheels also ended up being IMPROPERLY balanced because my car was vibrating at 80mph and 2 other wheels have MAJOR imperfections. I EXPECT brand new $3500 wheels to be PERFECT! Let me be the one who destroys and causess imperfections. TO make things worse....I was not reuimbursed for the shpping charges of shipping the wheel back so I am out an additional $32. Overall my experience wasnt good and I would def give tirerack a :thumbdwn: . Too bad I couldnt find these new ssr satins somewhere else otherwise I would, now knowing the situation. I really think Tirerack needs to ship more expensive wheels in a box and protect them rather than leaving them out there for MR. FEDEX man to damage. If I ordered just the wheels with no tires.....would they ship them the same way? I think not! :ben: Tirerack......I hope you change your quality management system because the same things happened to the person who told me to get the wheels. Same situation and you wouldnt even take his wheel back because he put it on the car! Shame on you guys! Its your fault you damagedthe wheels and the consumer should not have to pay for the lackluster mounting and balancing job as well as POOR shipping methods you use!

Hope things change soon. For now, I know of 2 customers who just spent in excess of $6K that you lost. :ben: :tsk:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts