E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought the clear corners in the link below, off of eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...s=Make:BMW&hash=item35b53a9ef4#ht_4476wt_1026

Here is the link for the store, since the link for the actual item will eventually disappear.
http://stores.ebay.com/p-s-team?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Edit: I should point out that these were for an 01' 330ci coupe, with the clip in lights. I can not make any guarantees that their sedan version or their screw in units will fit as well. But they fit great on my car, FWIW. Also, they have the normal v clip mount. No modifications or extra parts. You just slide them in, and the clip engages.

I originally had Depo's, and they were a horrible fit. They stuck out, and looked bad. I paid about $60 for them, from Bimmian.com.
I paid $24 for these, and they fit perfectly. I was a little skeptical, but I figured that for $24, I did not have a lot to lose. I was pleasantly surprised. The clips and posts are very close to the OEM corner lights, more substantial than the Depo's. The ones I bought have a clear lens, that I think matches well with the headlight assembly. They also have other versions, such as clear smoked, and the non-transparent, OEM style, also in smoked (at least at the time I was shopping, I do not know what they are currently listing). I have attached photos, so you can judge for yourself. BTW - I did not have to do any trimming or adjusting to get these to fit. They popped right in. There are several posts on this forum for trimming and fitting Depo's, so I am sure I am not the only one who had issues with them.

Side view. Note the flush fit.

Untitled by MJLavelle, on Flickr

Another view. Note that they fit flush with the headlight lens.

Front/side close up view.

Full front view, passenger side.

Front view, entire front. I was pleased with the overall look.

As you can also see, the chrome bulbs I bought from Stealthauto.com have degraded quite a bit in the 2 years since I installed them with the Depo's. It was not as obvious when they were in the non-transparent Depo's. I may replace these soon. They are showing a good bit of yellow now.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
those are the same exact peice of junk ones that came with my M3 when I bought it. They didn't fit properly and were so loose (since they had been installed with "custom brackets") that one litterally fell out on the highway.

I bought new depo corners from ecs tuning (I think) for like $30. they installed like OEM and look OEM, but better. :thumbsup:

To each his own, I guess :dunno:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@ Andy2108 - I don't think these are the same, or they have been improved. No "custom brackets" or any monkey business. They clicked right in. Did you notice that I said that I did not have to do any fitting or trimming? I will be glad to pull them out and post a photo of the clip assembly. It looks like the OEM lights. Maybe the outside appearance was the same? Since they came on the car when you bought it, I have no idea how you could determine that these were "the same exact ones", in the 6 minutes after I posted this. There are other sellers who offer clear lens corners (Kholaty for one). Also, how do you know that the "Special Bracket" was not a fix made by the original owner when he was not able to fit them in right? Were your lights designed for the screw in type of corner light?
Now, my Depo's did pop out once while driving, because one of the posts had broken off. And I was never able to get them to completely "click" in. Do your Depo's fit right? Are they the clip in type? If so, feel free to post pics. Maybe they have changed. How long ago didd you buy them?
It is not like I have anything to do with this company. I was just surprised that these $24 lights fit better than the $60 Depo's I bought 2 years ago. I have had these in a month, and so far, they have not budged. I have also hit them with a direct blast from a pressure washer, and no leaks.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I have these on my 323i, now i know where the PO got them. IMHO i love the look and fitment seems okay (think i have the old model), wish the bulb was amber instead of yellow, but they really match the black shroud (my model). Looks nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29,904 Posts
My clears from Khoalty have been perfect... but the clear sidemarkers from Khoalty? theyre already yellowing and they have no rubber surround so its hard plastic against my nice paint and it looks stupid. need to find some good clear sides. probably oem.

·
Banned
7,363 Posts
The white surrounding doesn't really fit with the rest of the headlight imo. Smoked corners would've gone well with your black headlight inserts.

$25 Depo corners from Khoalty would still be my choice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My clears from Khoalty have been perfect... but the clear sidemarkers from Khoalty? theyre already yellowing and they have no rubber surround so its hard plastic against my nice paint and it looks stupid. need to find some good clear sides. probably oem.

my first set of clear side markers from khoalty were great. Second set is garbage

Bimmer App - Because it's faster than my computer.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think it looks really nice. The bulbs do need to be replaced though IMO. Have you considered error free LED bulb replacements?

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
8,128 Posts
i used to have some of these honda-looking corners on my 330i. before i got some sense slapped into me and bought some DEPO smoked corners.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, judgmental group today...

@Lusticles - they have OEM looking ones as well. Check their website. I think that the Depo fit issue must be Pre-facelift only.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I know I am not the only one. There are several threads on this forum for trimming and fitting Depo corners. When did you buy yours?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just bought them about 3 weeks ago. If you take out the lower headlight trim and push them in they should line up perfectly. If you just slide them in they don't fit 100%. This is what worked for me.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They must have changed the design of the Depo's. The ones I bought 2 1/2 years ago fit horribly, without trimming the crap out of them.

Also, these must not photograph well. They look pretty good in person, and I have had 4 people ask where I got them. That is why I posted this. I'm happy, and that is what counts. If you have Depo's that fit, then great! Move on, nothing to see here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts