BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running 245 in the front and 265 in the back? I know the sizing isn't perfect but I'm curious how much it really is interfering with traction control and such.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm running 235 in the front, 265 in the rear. No interference w/traction. Larger rear tire size is noticeable for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running 235 in the front, 265 in the rear. No interference w/traction. Larger rear tire size is noticeable for sure.
What you mean by noticeable just a lot better traction?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honestly, not that I've noticed. However, the way that I've set up my coilover and sway bars is to make the car a little tail happy. The tires are also new pilot sport 4s so that likely has something to do with the lack of understeer.

I'm going for an autocross at Poconos the first week of August so I can report back -- this is a new setup for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Honestly, not that I've noticed. However, the way that I've set up my coilover and sway bars is to make the car a little tail happy. The tires are also new pilot sport 4s so that likely has something to do with the lack of understeer.

I'm going for an autocross at Poconos the first week of August so I can report back -- this is a new setup for me.
Sounds like a fun car, and yes, let us know.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What tires you running I'm looking at the pilot 4s buy I'd really like to try the spotcup 2s anyone running those? I'm mostly street with 2-3 track days a year but intrigue me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FWIW I've used 245-40-17s all around. And no, it doesn't understeer. The 17s clear the OEM brakes on a 2003 M3 convertible. I also use 12(?)mm spacers on the rear, or whatever TireRack sent me. Kind of a pain to have to save separate lug bolts for the 17s but not enough of a pain to put in fugly studs, not poseur.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What wheels do you have on your car? I bought my car with the factory 19's and the rear tires are 245's. Im guessing the previous owner just wanted to go cheap. By next year ill put the stock size 255 on it, or possibly go larger in the rear (think you can fit up to a 275 on the stock 19's?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts