E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried searching a bit but got a bunch of results. as the title states, i am looking to get 19x8.5s all around on my xi. I will be lowered on H&R sport springs and wanted to know what tire size to run. I was recommended 245/35. does that seem right? thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why what? if you are asking why i am asking this questions its because i am unsure and dont want to do something i will regret

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I ment why 19x8.5 all around 19 and 19x8.5 in the rear for staggered. Wouldn't they rub in the front

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was talking with andrew at euro spec and he said i should be able to clear 19x8.5 all around with no rubbing but i was just looking for some conformation

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
restate that please. im doing 19x8.5 all around. if you are asking why i am going with a squared setup it is because i want to minimize understeer and be able to rotate tires

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
allright. yeah, sorry for the confusion on what you were asking. But with a staggered setup the rear would hold grip much longer than the front and result in a lot of understeer. Also, with an xi you have to be careful with a staggered setup because if the diameter of tires front to rear are not the same it will put undue strain on the drivetrain. But staggered sure does look good

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yea I get that. I wanted a staggered set up but ok my set of rim n tires from a guy on here that just wanted to have my stock set plus 150. But some day I will

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
43 Posts
im not sure as im not a tire expert... but i did the tire calculator it says that 235 will be 2% faster than OEM's, then 225 is just about 1.2%... dont quote me... coz i have the same question and been given different answers... im also trying to do the same setup...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
allright. good to hear something else now too. i think... allright, so it sounds like 245 are out. anyone have any input on this subject?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts