E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Best Tire combo

• 235 x 4

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 225 x 2, 235 x 2

Votes: 4 44.4%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering.. I have a 323i and 17" rims. What would be the best:
235 all around or 225 and 235 in the rear ?

Downside.. etc.. I need your opinions

thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's for the fun factor only right?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
staggered setup = :pimpin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
bluecougar said:
staggered setup = :pimpin:
Maybe if you run 235/255 etc... but not much point to staggering 235's when you can easily run that all round.

Generally i see staggering as an option so you can have wider tyres than you could possible run on the front for either size, or simply handling reasons.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess nobody will notice the difference between 225 and 235 in the front since the car is very low.. my question was for handling purpose.

Will I have greater traction in a corner with a stagered setup or 235 all around? I'm not a show guy ;) except corner-drifting is fun when girls are looking haha

thanks !

·
Registered
169 Posts
cabana said:
well i guess nobody will notice the difference between 225 and 235 in the front since the car is very low.. my question was for handling purpose.

Will I have greater traction in a corner with a stagered setup or 235 all around? I'm not a show guy ;) except corner-drifting is fun when girls are looking haha

thanks !
If your looking for performance it's an easy answer ... 235 all around! Stagered does as mentioned, it leads to understeer. And a difference from 225F/235R is hardly going to help appearance.

·
Para-Magic
652 Posts
not only that but

with 235 all around you can rotate the tires, leading to longer tire life, meaning you'll have more money for other things.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hum great point but I alread heard.. or maybe it was in the bentley service book that rotating tire on a bmw wasn't good. Something about the way the suspension is working differently on the rear and front tire

anyone can confirm this? :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts