BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Para-Magic
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 323 coupe w/ sport package, the stock tires are 225/45/17 and are ready for replacement. the wheels are type 44's (17 x 7.5 i think) is there any advantage to going to a wider 235? does this fit on the wheel? does it fit front and rear? how about a staggered set up w/ 235 on rear and 225 on front? also a question for gary..

i contacted tirerack asking if they knew if any performance tires in these sizes are manufactured in the states. no one has gotten back to me. do you know? im in canada so there is duty on tires imported unless they are manufactured in the states (re: nafta agreement).. so unless they are manufactured in the states it will be cheaper and easier to buy them locally...

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Many have had success running 235/40R17 and even 235/45R17 on the Ci. 235/45R17 works for most, but is starting to become a borderline fit, so be sure to test fit before driving on them if you try that sizing. In my opinion it would not make much of a difference to stagger in this case, as you still have 7.5" wheels and the difference in width is only 10mm.

Unfortunately I found no performance tires that we know are produced in the US in the common BMW sizes. Even the Goodyear F1GSD3 tires that we have say that they are made in Germany.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am also in Canada and have been looking for tires.....I have checked locally and with the tirerack. The tirerack's prices beat any local places even after tax/duty, handling fees, shipping and the currency conversion. I will be ordering from the tirerack in a month or two.

·
Para-Magic
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts