E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear people! I am aiming to lower my E46 Coupe soon with a Vogtland Spring set (some 3-4 cm lower) on the original shocks, and i have the Style 135 18" wheels, will it roll or that will be safe while turning the front wheel or behind when i have some load in the trunk ?!?!

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,679 Posts
Lowered springs will not be good for the original shocks/struts. You really should replace those with proper ones when installing the springs. I like the Bilstein B6 or B8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lowered springs will not be good for the original shocks/struts. You really should replace those with proper ones when installing the springs. I like the Bilstein B6 or B8.
Thanks for this advice! i try to go on a budget but maybe you are right i will wait for some time then, but still wondering if the wheels will work on a lower spring

·
Registered
2004 325ci
423 Posts
Good to hear, i was afraid of rolling.

BTW do you run on stock shocks?
Im on Bilstein B4's up front & Sachs E36 M3 rears. About 4500Km's in so far & no complaints with them, I sometimes even forget I lowered it.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have always read that original shocks will not last long with lowering springs, it will hasten their failure. If you want to lower the car, a Cup kit with pair struts, shocks and springs that will lower the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts