BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving back from NJ last night on the 287, i hit a pothole doing 70mph. The impact tore a small hole in the side wall of the tire rendering it useless. I wanted to shop for a new tire while at work but I forgot the name/specs of the tire. So can anyone please help me with the name of the tire? Its made by Continental and its the stock tire that came on a 2001 330 with 17in rims.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just go to tirerack.com, enter your vehicle information and they'll
tell you what you need and even mark what came stock on the car.

·
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Yes, I can determine that by the numbers and letters off of the sidewall. What is the exact size and model that you blew out?

Example 225/45R17 Conti Sport Contact 91W

I can then find out which version came OE and let you know.

·
Registered
963 Posts
10chi, I just sent you a PM. If it's your front (225/45 Continental), I have my spare one...brand new. I'm in Boston as well...saves you shipping...let me know :)

·
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The size I am looking for according to Tire rack is a 205/50x17. I looked at a ContiSport and thats what it looks like. But I remember my tires being all season though. I won't be going home till 8 but I wanted to look for tires now.

Ari00- The tire is for my driver's side rear. I believe the tire you have won't fit. Tried replying but your PM box is full.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sorry about that...I did clear my messages. If your wheel is a 17x7.5, then mine would fit. Just check the other tires when you get a chance to get the exact name, size etc. Mine is a ContiSport, but it's not a 205/50 size. Best of luck. If mine's what you need, feel free to PM me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts