BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am getting a new sit of rims real soon and I wanted to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor in my M3. I know it is not really a pressure sensor but instead a combination of wheel speed sensors that compare the rotational circumference of the different wheels. Any idea how to reset it for my new rims/tires?

AdamR

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
10,881 Posts
I don't think there is a reset. I just checks that all the wheels are turning at the same speed, which should be happening with your new rims, I would hope :)

Tim

·
Registered
524 Posts
there is a tire pressure reset button...the proceudre is in the manual....its something like put in key pos. 2 and hold the button till the light goes out or something like that....if u have SMG, and u swap tires, make sure you reset yur SMG slip recognition....by coasting @ 20 mph, put the car in 0 and pull back on both paddles for 2 seconds...thats in the manual too

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim: actually you do have to go through a recalibration for the sensor so it can gauge the new speeds of the tires ... not a reset. Sorry for the confusion

Woah, Im glad you told me that... I would have never thought to do that MPA33ION! Does it do anything if you do the slip procedure right?

AdamR

·
Registered
524 Posts
digitalgm said:
Tim: actually you do have to go through a recalibration for the sensor so it can gauge the new speeds of the tires ... not a reset. Sorry for the confusion

Woah, Im glad you told me that... I would have never thought to do that MPA33ION! Does it do anything if you do the slip procedure right?

AdamR
they say over time the car will "learn" and calibrate the slip accordingly..but if its in the manual i do it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts