E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Marinatin'
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could having the wrong tire pressure affect the dsc? I have been cruising in several incidences and the dsc has kicked in for no reason. My car just ran out of warranty and I just checked my tires and they were only at 30 psi so I pumped them up to 41 like the fronts were at. Any input on this whether or not it should fix my dsc problem?

·
Registered
491 Posts
It may, But i also recall one time when someones DSC started working on a highway while it was sunny. He had to take it to the dealer to get it replaced or someting.

But if you do have different pressures all around, that may make DSC kick in much sooner than it normally would.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stability control

smood1 said:
whats dsc/ asc?
They are the functions that keep you from fishtailing in slick conditions. DSC stands for Dynamic Stability Control I am not sure what ASC stands for.

I recently drove to Austin from Houston (about a 2 hour drive) I was leaving a gas station and right when I hit 4th gear the DSC kicked in. Roads were dry and it had been sunny all day. Also the road was completely flat. I guess that my tire pressure wasn't what was affecting it. Could it be becuase my car is lowered? My warranty just ran out too. :ben:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts