E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have Goodyear Eagle RS tires? If so, do you get alot of road noise? I've never had tires that make so much noise. I know that the fact I have a vert is going to make it louder but geez. I would expect more from a Goodyear product.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
My snow tires did the same thing. You're gonna have to deal with it until you sell/replace/get rid of

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've had my Kuhmo's for about 2 weeks now. Super quite, hopefully they stay like that. Also, they got rid of alot of vibration I had in my steering too. Was thinking it was my FCA's but tires helped. Im sure they need to be replaced too though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire noise

The tires have about 7000 miles. The tire pressure is good. There is no change in the sound as I press the accelerator down and let off. The sound only changes as I speed up and slow down. I was concerned it was a bearing but I would think the noise would change as the torque is applied when pressing the accelerator down. The car only has 64000 miles on it. I wouldn't expect any mechanical problems yet. I guess I'm going to have to put the spare on and see if the sound changes. One odd thing is it seems to come from the rear right tire. Maybe I have one bad tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bas rear wheel bearing

Well I thought I had a bad tire but actually had a bad rear right bearing. I just finished changing it out. What a PITA. I even went out and bought the tools I thought I'd need and still didn't have it all. I am surprised to have a bearing failure at only 65000 miles. I guess I must have hit a pothole or something. Thanks to all that contributed step by step procedures so I could atleast try to prepare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.