E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...haven't been on here in a while and hoping you guys can help me out...

I am running 18 x 8.5 ACS Type IIIs and need to get new tires. I am considering the three below and was wondering if you guys could give me feedback in terms of ride quality, road noise, tire wear:

1- Bridgestone Potenza S-03
2- Michelin Pilot Sport
3- Sumitomo HTR+

By the way, 235 / 40 - 18s should be fine right? And does anyone know what the camber settings on the E46 sedan should be? Seems like I have too much negative camber right now...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
InlineSiX said:
... And does anyone know what the camber settings on the E46 sedan should be?
I'm typing these from memory so don't quote me. Front camber is almost zero, around -0.25 degree, and rear camber is in the neighborhood of -1.5 degrees.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
9 out of 10 people will suggest the S-03's. I got them, and they work extremely well, and they are a lot cheaper than the Michelins. Sorry, but I can not say anything about the Sumitomo's cuz I have no previous experience with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had Michelin Pilot Sports on my ACS wheels and they were good. Then when I swapped out to HRE, I went with S-03s and they are great. The ride noise is much quieter than the Pilots and grip is phenomenal. Go with the S-03s!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And the tire size I noted should be okay right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts