BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent the better part of sunday trying to roll/stretch the fenders on my 2002 e46 330Ci Convertible.

Let me tell you it's a son of b**ch to do because of some crap rubber stuff lining the rear lip.

Anyway, I currently have 255/30/19s (rims 19x9.5) on the rear. It looked like it cleared perfectly with a 12mm spacer, but when I took it for a drive, it seems like it was rubbing near the back, so I dremelled it a bit but it didn't help enough.

I don't want to work on it anymore and decide to get 245s for the rear, that should fix the problem right?

So my question is, do I go for 245/30 or 245/35?

Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Ready, set, go.

Personally I'm putting 225 18" 40s on my 325i. Not going to bog down the car with the extra weight, I won't have to be in pothole detect mode evertime i drive the car, and tire rotation is possible.

Plus, cheaper tires. When you get to this low of a tire profile they wear out like a motherf***er

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link AC_2007, that answered my question.

Yeah I know I pay a price for the look I'm going for, but I'm willing to pay the price :D

Thanks for the tips too.

I'm wondering if I play with the camber a little, if that might be a better way to go?

Does anyone know if it's better to stay with the 255 and a slight camber or just go with the 245 and get a proper camber?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts