E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to bridge my elemental designs 9.2x amp like the image below. I am uncertain how to properly wire the speakers from the amp. I see there is a single cable of (+ / -) from the amp, and each wire splits to two. How exactly does it split to 2?

thanks
-sean

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
You can use a splitter, or just piggyback. Or, if you sub was like my JL 10W6, which had 2 connections on each terminal, use both connections.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can put 2x runs of negative off of the negative terminal on the amp, and 2x runs of positive off of the positive terminal, and be good to go?

thanks again.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Yes...you can do that. You can also have on negative running into one sub...and then have a negative running from the other sub back into the first sub's negative. You then do the same thing with the positive. So one sub will have four wires comming out of it (2 to the amp and 2 to the second sub) and the other sub will have two wires comming out of it (one positive and one negative...both going to the first sub).

^^^This is called piggybacking because the second sub is piggybacking off the first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts