BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know I installed mine yesterday and everything was perfect. But after a few hours I could see some strange stains on the instrument glass.. So today I took it appart again and cleaned the glass, the misstake I did was putting everything togehter a little bit to fast with the result that the fumes from the adhesive collected dust and made some stains, in the end no problem since I could polish it, but for u guys who haven't done it yet let the adhesive dry!! :D :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
I installed mine on wed and still havent driven my car yet, because of the 8 inches of snow we received!!!!

The irony of life....I thought waiting for them was bad....

John V

Good suggestion,BTW

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed mine and used a very thin amound of Liquid Nails. Go slow and you'll be fine. The results look outstanding!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to do so but if I did I would gladly post pics. Guys have posted pics of the completed install on other threads. Do a search for "silver rings" and put their pics on your FiberDesign site.

[My grandfather built miniature SAILBOATS using only balsa wood and an exacto knife; if I can't gently sand and repaint some rings to my likeing I've got bigger problems then "nubs"! hahaha]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts