E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fanatics I got stopped today by a cop at like 11.30pm because he said he couldn't see me with my tints :facepalm:. Anyway he took me out of the car and tests me if my eyes respond, all this crap and when I tell him to just breathilize me he just responds with "are you telling me how to do my job" just the biggest a**hole cop you could imagine. So I'm writhing this because when he lets me go he says "take care of your front window tints". I always thought they wrote you a fix it ticket? Do I still need to remove them now? Whats your opinions? oh and the sketchyest part is i was :str8pimpi with my friend who was in the car and the cop could tell im guessing :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
What % tint do you have?

If you've got like 5% all around, I'd take it off. I think 25-30% is necessary, and looks clean. Too dark doesn't flow well with most cars.

Plus, tint laws are different in many states. Look up your restrictions within your state. The tint must have not been that bad if the officer just let you go without a ticket or a written warning.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Hey fanatics I got stopped today by a cop at like 11.30pm because he said he couldn't see me with my tints :facepalm:. Anyway he took me out of the car and tests me if my eyes respond, all this crap and when I tell him to just breathilize me he just responds with "are you telling me how to do my job" just the biggest a**hole cop you could imagine. So I'm writhing this because when he lets me go he says "take care of your front window tints". I always thought they wrote you a fix it ticket? Do I still need to remove them now? Whats your opinions? oh and the sketchyest part is i was :str8pimpi with my friend who was in the car and the cop could tell :thumbdwn:
My honest opinion is that you're an idiot.

·
Registered
802 Posts
^ i got 20% tints... im just wondering if i got a fix it ticket or if he just told me to remove them on the spot
Did he hand you a slip of paper or tell you a court date? If not, and he left, then it's a warning. Basically saying if that same officer happens to catch you with them still tinted and they're beyond what's allowed by the law in your state, then he WILL give you a ticket.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would probably take the tint off and do whatever is legal in your state. Also, grow up man.......smoking in your car is just asking for trouble. It might not be yourself that gets hurt, in most cases its someone who wasn't doing something stupid and irresponsible.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
What % tint do you have?

If you've got like 5% all around, I'd take it off. I think 25-30% is necessary, and looks clean. Too dark doesn't flow well with most cars.

Plus, tint laws are different in many states. Look up your restrictions within your state. The tint must have not been that bad if the officer just let you go without a ticket or a written warning.
It does not matter in CA what tint he has, no tint is what is allowed. That is, factory tint is allowed, that is all.

Yes, lots of people tint the front windows (the driver and passenger door), and get away with it. But it is illegal, and that's that. Since the OP didn't receive a ticket for his equipment violation, then he can elect to do nothing and wait to be stopped again, or he can correct the equipment violation and not worry about being stopped again.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.