BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried tinting my windows today. guess its something i just dont have the nack for. besides i got 20% tint and after putting it on you could barely tell a difference . . I only did one window, i traced it from the outside soaked the window and applied it on the inside, it stuck and all but i could not get the air out. i guess this is something i should leave to the pros. im sure with enough practice i could get it right but i would be buying more and more sheets trying to do so..... this is something that if you want to try and do it yourself, go ahead, but if you fail ... just bring it it. lesson learned !

·
Registered
123 Posts
I tried tinting my Accord Coupe when I owned it. I bought pre-cut tint off eBay. The rear windows applied fine (fixed, non-opening), but the front wasn't cut right and peeled off when I put the windows down. I decided it wasn't worth my time. Then I bought my Bimmer before I could dump money into the tint and my car was already tinted. Previous owner paid around $215. That seems to be about going price, fyi, but it's worth it to have perfect tint. Make sure you're going to a reputable place that isn't going to do a quickie and leave scratches or bubbles.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
It looks easy by looking at youtube DIY but when you do it you know hard it is to tint. Specially the bubbles.
I have done it on my two cars and it doesnt look that good from inside but it looks fine from outside.
An easy way to do it is to buy pre-cut tint from ebay, but again it is very hard to do it perfectly. I was thinking of doing it myself but I changed my mind and will have it done by some pro.

·
Registered
25,561 Posts
Rip it off and take it to a professional. Tinting is not something you want to DIY unless you absolutely know what you're doing, otherwise it's going to look like crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts