Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Dark as well you know.. Limo Baby

Votes: 5 6.9%

Tint

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  jestr 
#1 ·
Poll on % of tint

#3 ·
Yeah that was what i was thinking.. i didn't want to mix and match the tint cause two different colors on the doors would look funny to me as i had that on my old car but what do i know it may look pimp. I was just trying to get some input before i did it.

#5 ·
JustinB181 said:
Yeah that was what i was thinking.. i didn't want to mix and match the tint cause two different colors on the doors would look funny to me as i had that on my old car but what do i know it may look pimp. I was just trying to get some input before i did it.
get 35% fronts and 20% backs....it'll look pimp. thats wat i have. you cant really notice a difference if you dont look too hard.

#7 ·
Is there any in between 35% and 20%? I would go with 35% if not depending on your interior.

#9 ·
I have 20% all the way around. I'd like to do my windshield as well but don't want it 20%, I'm thinking 50% if I can find it in the same film. The place I went to sells it in 35%, I may be stuck doing that.

Does anybody have 35% on the windshield? If so, what are your opinions during the night or rain driving?

#11 ·
i have 35% on my car and i think it looks great. however, i've had 20% or 15% on every car i've ever had. i was so used to that, that the 35's felt too light at first. i do wish they had something inbetween 20 and 35 over here. i hate the sun so alittle bit darker would've been perfect for me. thank god i'm italian and columbian and have a tan all year round or else i'd be pale as wonder bread. :D if you want tint for looks, i'd go w/ 35%. if you don't like being in the sun, i'd have to say 20%. remember though, if your interior is light, your tints will look alot lighter during the day.

#17 ·
PIctures of tine

Ok thanks for all the input, my car is black with tan leather interior, anyone have pictures by any chance of the differnet % OF tint? I think the 20% on the back and back doors and then 35% on the front roll ups. I've had tint on all my old cars ranging from limo to 40% and can't decide on what to get on the beemer. I'm mainly doing it for looks. Thanks for all the input

#21 ·
I got the 50% all the way around. Mainly because I wanted to match close to my Steel Grey body color. Plus, Since I live in the "safest city in America", Amherst NY, the Cops are dicks about tint here.

50% looks good and for peepers you can see the interior enough to view the mods.

#23 ·
Mine is 35% all around...but I actually like how BMWs look *without* tint...so I won't mind if I get a ticket for my tint so I can strip it. But make sure you go with the same darkness all around...that two-tone sh*t doesn't look good IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.