E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Percentage of Tint to get all around no mixing or matching

• 50%

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • 35%

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • 20%

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Dark as well you know.. Limo Baby

Votes: 5 6.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
if you're gonna do the same % all the way around....get 35%. 20 is too dark for the front and 50 is too light for the back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that was what i was thinking.. i didn't want to mix and match the tint cause two different colors on the doors would look funny to me as i had that on my old car but what do i know it may look pimp. I was just trying to get some input before i did it.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
JustinB181 said:
Yeah that was what i was thinking.. i didn't want to mix and match the tint cause two different colors on the doors would look funny to me as i had that on my old car but what do i know it may look pimp. I was just trying to get some input before i did it.
get 35% fronts and 20% backs....it'll look pimp. thats wat i have. you cant really notice a difference if you dont look too hard.

·
Registered
543 Posts
limo back 20 front :thumbup:

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,172 Posts
Is there any in between 35% and 20%? I would go with 35% if not depending on your interior.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
I want to get 20 percent for teh door rear windows and 35 for the rear windshield so I can still see out of it

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 20% all the way around. I'd like to do my windshield as well but don't want it 20%, I'm thinking 50% if I can find it in the same film. The place I went to sells it in 35%, I may be stuck doing that.

Does anybody have 35% on the windshield? If so, what are your opinions during the night or rain driving?

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
the blacker the better..........muaa haaaa haaaaa LIMO that biach up

what color is your car also:dunno:

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
i have 35% on my car and i think it looks great. however, i've had 20% or 15% on every car i've ever had. i was so used to that, that the 35's felt too light at first. i do wish they had something inbetween 20 and 35 over here. i hate the sun so alittle bit darker would've been perfect for me. thank god i'm italian and columbian and have a tan all year round or else i'd be pale as wonder bread. :D if you want tint for looks, i'd go w/ 35%. if you don't like being in the sun, i'd have to say 20%. remember though, if your interior is light, your tints will look alot lighter during the day.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I'm a big fan of a very light tint. Personally, I'd go with 50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got 13% all around on my 330 and I find it to be perfect for Florida. I saw a siver M3 with 20% all around and 50 on the windshield and it looked super nice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PIctures of tine

Ok thanks for all the input, my car is black with tan leather interior, anyone have pictures by any chance of the differnet % OF tint? I think the 20% on the back and back doors and then 35% on the front roll ups. I've had tint on all my old cars ranging from limo to 40% and can't decide on what to get on the beemer. I'm mainly doing it for looks. Thanks for all the input

1 - 20 of 26 Posts