BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What tint should I get?

• 20% All around (Not legal)

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • 20% rear , 35% All Side Windows (Not Legal)

Votes: 13 43.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
get 35 or higher.. i have such a ****n hard time at night specially when it rains.. :mad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Get 20% all around. In my opinion, mixing tint percentages doesn't look good. If you decide with 35% or higher, do it all around. Also depends on where you live. Some places are more strict when it comes to legality of tinted windows. In my case, almost every car on the road here in Florida are tinted so the cops don't bother you.

Go 20%, you won't regret it and it's not that hard to see outside at night.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I say if it is not legal don't do it. Or atleast don't come here complaining when you get a ticket.

·
Go fast Daddy!
228 Posts
I go with 28% all around. Here's why:

1. It's close enough to 35% to look legal reducing the likelihood of tickets.
2. You can see out of the car.
3. It looks very dark.
4. It will give you a uniform look.
5. Its what I have. :thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get the all metal 20% and it looks awesome. From inside you can't even tell you have tint. You can easily see through. Yet it looks dark from the outside. Very nice stuff.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got pulled over for speeding and the cop gave me a tint ticket and was telling me that it is such a nice looking car, but something looks different than his wifes car, and I told him it's the dark tints. It makes the look I told him.
He let me off because it was only 7:30am.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I have 35% tints, all around for my 02 325. Here in Toronto, 35% IS the legal limit I think, however, many have said that as long as the cops can still see inside, there shouldn't be any problem.

Since BMW's windows are already lightly tinted, adding 30 to 25% should be your maximum percentage. For my personal prefs. 20% would be a bit too dark, esp for night driving.

Oh, and you should select the METTALIC tints. You will lose some reception range for AM and keyless, but not significant.

Tom

·
• DFW •
2,740 Posts
35% all around dude. Not try to be a limo-poser.... I have 35 and its hard at night... I cant imagine a 20% tint damn

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good thread. I think I'm going to go 35% smoke on my Titanium Silver Touring. I don't want issue w/ not being able to see out the back at night. GF's driving it most of the time and I know she'll complain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts